msx 140 cylinder?

Installing triple Factory pipes and bigger carbs on a pro 1200. Would it be worth installing ported msx 140 cylinders or just get the stock cylinders ported? I have some used msx cylinders which have better transfers but the exhaust port is lower than the stock pro cylinders. I currently do not have heads or covers for either setup. Also planning on inspecting the crankshaft bearings and seals so the case will be apart.

Banned User
    Those cylinders won't fit on a regular 1200 case without some machining.

And from what I understood, unless you go big on the mods, you won't notice that much of a difference between the cylinders.

+1
    Laskt, WELCOME to the boards!!!

You can always buy the .040 shims I think some have even double them up. I know [email protected] and Jay at Atlantic Power Sports carry the thicker base gaskets to raise those ports.
    One definate advantage to the triple exhaust ports would be the integrity of the cylinder and of course it will expell those spent gasses at a better clip. You should see a set of ported MSX cylinders.

Do you know how much they raised the transfers and exhaust port? Where would be a good place to get porting work done and what does it usually cost? Thanks

+1
    Chris Bush, Ron at Sharps and Dave delaughter, the port jobs are about the same between Bush and delaughter and I think cost is 150 per cylinder-more if you get it re-nik'd.
    Bush does a much cleaner, thorough job but the results are pretty much the same from what I've felt.
    Sharps, I've never used but I sure LOVE their results.

Could you provide me with some phone numbers or email addresses for these people? Thanks

+1
    I only have cell numbers, which I can't give out. I'd call Randy at Watcon and see if he has some of their cylinders. I just purchased a spare set for my Matrix through Randy.

+1

Msx Cylinders

We Can Set You Up With Ported Cylinders For Your Msx Or The Thicker Base Gaskets To Raise Your Port Height The Cheaper Way. We Have Replated And New Cylinders In Stock Ready To Go. Also We Can Give You A Matched Set Of Domes To Go With Our Head Cover Set Up To Run Pump/50/50 Pump-race/ Race Fuel See Post At The Top Of Polaris Performance Under Heads You All Have Been Waiting For.. Please Give Us A Call At 732-920-7669. The First Batch Is Going Fast.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by laskt View Post
    Could you provide me with some phone numbers or email addresses for these people? Thanks
    Jay at Atlantic is a good source.

Also, give the Sharps a call... you will not be dissapointed!! Their number is in the upper left hand corner.

http://www.sharpsmarine.com/index.htm

They are actually aware of this thread and told me that they can help you out.... no sweat!!!

Thread Information