Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

RXT-is 2009 sinked

Hello

It's going very badly.

I decided to rent a dock. I used the pwc first 3 days and the last time I use it on June 23. Today, they call me urgently, the sea-doo is almost sunk, it's just the nose that floats, there 's water everywhere ... It's not supposed to float to the dock to two days if I use it???

We finally put the rxt-is on the trailer after 3 hours ... We will take it to the dealer Monday morning at the opening. Is it guaranteed? what insurance will pay?

My 2 plugs were put!

What i can do until monday?

Thank you

+1
    You should never leave any ski or boat floating in the water unattended for days without an automatic bilge pump,

For now you need to drain all the water out and drain and refill oil. then pull the spark plugs out and crank the engine over while applying full throttle until no more water is shooting out of the cylinders. If you have the tools it would also be a good idea to pull the intake mani and get all the water out of it prior to cranking. You will need to change the oil several times to get all the water out so use cheap oil. If you get this far you should be able to get it started. If you cant get it to start atleast spray some fogging oil, wd40 or something similar into the cylinders to keep it from rusting up prior to going to te dealer.

Warranty is not going to cover this if you left the drain plugs out.

If you just pulled it out - do what you can to get all the water out of the engine compartment, and I would probably disconnect the battery until all the wiring is dried out.

You can also check the oil - the more cloudy it looks, the more water you got in your engine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    You should never leave any ski or boat floating in the water unattended for days without an automatic bilge pump,

For now you need to drain all the water out and drain and refill oil. then pull the spark plugs out and crank the engine over while applying full throttle until no more water is shooting out of the cylinders. If you have the tools it would also be a good idea to pull the intake mani and get all the water out of it prior to cranking. You will need to change the oil several times to get all the water out so use cheap oil. If you get this far you should be able to get it started. If you cant get it to start atleast spray some fogging oil, wd40 or something similar into the cylinders to keep it from rusting up prior to going to te dealer.

Have u seen under the seat on an IS model?? Good luck getting to anything other than the plugsThe whole upper deck has to come off to get to even the super charger hoses. Not good for the do it yourselfer

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaspd96 View Post
    Hello

It's going very badly.

I decided to rent a dock. I used the pwc first 3 days and the last time I use it on June 23. Today, they call me urgently, the sea-doo is almost sunk, it's just the nose that floats, there 's water everywhere ... It's not supposed to float to the dock to two days if I use it???

We finally put the rxt-is on the trailer after 3 hours ... We will take it to the dealer Monday morning at the opening. Is it guaranteed? what insurance will pay?

My 2 plugs were put!

Thank you
    You can take pictures of it in the water (sunk) and then put it on the trailer. Next you can call your insurance company to see if you have coverage (and provide the pictures). If you don't have insurance coverage, I'd haul it to the dealer and have it fixed.

My drain plugs were in there. (sorry for my bad english)

Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    Have u seen under the seat on an IS model?? Good luck getting to anything other than the plugsThe whole upper deck has to come off to get to even the super charger hoses. Not good for the do it yourselfer
    It's a pain in the arse even for a dealer to get these off! What I read in the shop manuel it looks like an hour and a two man job to take the deck off! Not fun to work on!

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaspd96 View Post
    Hello

It's going very badly.

My 2 plugs were put!

Thank you

I states in the manuel not to leave them in water when not in use for long periods of time.

48 hours is not a long period of time

what year was it? I have (2) 2009 RXT IS models and do to a design flaw they can sink when left attended, I have hired a lawyer. [email protected]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information