+1

Thumbs down Help MSX140 blues

Well in my quest to get this dang ski going again...I ran the gammet or so I thought, got a hard code 43, so I ordered a temp sensor, also ordered a CPS sensor and TPS based on general opinion, and opinion of my dealer.... changed the water temp sensor with no success... still same issue, only slightly improved, idles, touch the throttle it now runs up a bit(1050 idle, maybe up to 1500-1800), as soon as I let off it dies... Here is my dilema, the TPS sensor is also suspect... POLARIS has them back ordered until mid August... does anybody have one or know of a stocking dealer in your area I can call. I really would like to get this thing whipped, not a normal occurence here in my shop, usually have pretty good luck with these Polaris animals snow, land or water, and this one has me stumped. It just seems like maybe the computer is the issue, and is just throwing codes. My dealer said he would of ordered the temp sensor based on the codes, so I guess I had to try it... The TPS is really my last suspected sensor before I ship the computer off. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
    PS as I stated in another thread, when I unplug the TPS it runs up to about 3-3.5K RPM... this also has me concerned and points me to the computer, all my other fuel injected toys, if you pull off the TPS, idle holds steady, never jumps. This one jumps immediatly, and it makes no sense to me how or why, cable has proper freeplay, butterflys are unloaded and on their stops in full closed position at idle, so the only way it could idle up, is with more fuel... what sends the fuel??? the computer based on sensed voltage from the TPS, unplugged it is a flat zero, yet fitch box says hey here is some more fuel!! So is it a realistic to focus on the fitch box, and skip slinging on more parts??

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Have a look in this thread;

New to the boards... 2002 Virage i issues

Apparently they had one new TPS in stock a few days ago.

+1

no success clearing codes using either method....

I got the code clearing instructions, but I seem to not be successful. I must be missing something. I start the sequence with jumper unplugged, drop in key under stop button, Plug in jumper, and pull out, each step per instructions, light is on and off each sequence, unplug on 5th light never goes out, drop the key out of stop button, plug jumper back in and stick key back under, still counts same codes.. Any help would be appreciated Thanks, John

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by boomanch1967 View Post
    I got the code clearing instructions, but I seem to not be successful. I must be missing something.

I start the sequence with jumper unplugged, drop in key under stop button, Plug in jumper, and pull out, each step per instructions, light is on and off each sequence, unplug on 5th light never goes out, drop the key out of stop button, plug jumper back in and stick key back under, still counts same codes...
    Try using the TPS method.

It can be tricky to get a clean connect and disconnect when using a basic wire jumper. I sometimes use a small toggle switch wired up to the two TPS harness pins, so I can get a clean make and break connection every time.

Are you waiting more than five seconds before beginning the sequence?

How fast are you cycling through the sequence?

Clearing EMM Service Codes using jumper or TPS cycling

+1

reset

cycling pretty quick through it, waiting at least 30 seconds in the start. I got a packard 3 pin connector with jumper on red and white, so the break is pretty solid in and out. Switch sounds like a brilliant idea. I got frustrated, so I ran the ski to my dealer and had them clear the codes. Looks like we are down to a fuel pressure issue. Their guage read 0, mine was reading like 23, mine has been around a while and one of my guys left fuel sitting in it, so my guage is suspect. Got a 17 code, all others are clear. Looking up the 17 now. My guess is I had several issues that in combination were just killing my ability to troubleshoot DW cleared the codes as soon as the ski started up.

+1
    17 lower than expected alt output, not a shock here, ski is barely running well under 1000 rpm, like maybe 900, so I would expect to see lower output. Make sense?? All other codes are clear, just no fuel pressure, started 2 siphons, one on oil, one on fuel. Of course the dang thing was full of gas and oil, starting my line up of gas cans... fun stuff, on to check out fuel regulator, pump runs brown to ground no issue. These machines are just a blast, feel like I am on a treasure hunt, with clues under every rock!!!

Thread Information