Thread: MSX11O

MSX11O

Hi all

Just purchased a MSX 110 hubby not happy about it, all is running good and was just serviced with Turbo replaced and Fuel /oil sensor replaced as well

BUT I am new to this...I have been reading so many threads here that I am confused...

What is a wastegrate (hope that is right), where is it and how do I lube it? or show my hubby what to lube for me..lol
    What level on the dipstick should I have the oil in the ski knowing that the dipstick is wrong?

Thanks Heaps in advance

Ladykarter
    Australia

+1
    Your going to get a lot of responses. Welcome aboard. These responses will give you links and great info. You will be an expert in no time. Good luck.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1

Arrow New MSX 110 or MSX 150 owner - where to start?

Quote Originally Posted by Ladykarter
    ...what should I do to ski to keep it running fine, never had a sit down before...

...thoughts on these upgrades to I see here ECU and Turbo by desperado?...
    Welcome to the Hulk

You have some reading and learning to do

Is the machine currently working at is should?
    What is the maximum sustained RPM while riding on the water at full power?

Ignore the speedometer and "Turbo' indicators - engine RPM is the only reliable indication of engine power.

Any warning messages or red amp while riding?

The MSX 110 has essentially the same engine as the more powerful MSX 150, but there are differences in the engine ECU and intercoooler. If you are interested in going faster, you have the option of upgrading those parts to MSX 150 versions.

The Desperado ECU upgrades seem worthwhile, providing a decent power improvement AND improving fuel economy and engine wear. Those who have the ECU upgrade seem really happy with it, but almost all have been MSX 150 owners.

Have a look through the linked info below. It should answer some of your questions regarding the wastegate lubrication, correct oil level, and other known MSX 110 and MSX 150 issues.

You will find useful information in these areas;

MSX/Matrix

Polaris MSX 150, MSX 110

Two of the Weber engine experts on Greenhulk at Randy at Watcon, and Jay at Sharps Marine.

Contact info can be found here;
    Polaris PWC Parts Sources

Thankyou
    I just email about ebay having the upgrade parts to go to the 150 is it just bolt these on or computer changes as well. So any jetski machanic in Brisbane could do or has to be someone who knows Polarise?

Thanks Heaps

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladykarter View Post
    Thankyou
    I just email about ebay having the upgrade parts to go to the 150. Is it just bolt these on or computer changes as well?

So any jetski mechanic in Brisbane could do or has to be someone who knows Polaris?

Thanks Heaps
    Wow, you are really jumping in with both feet!

If you really want to boost your MSX 110 up several notches, contact both Jay (Sharps Marine) and Desperado (Send a Private Message to Desperado, but email or better yet arrange to telephone Jay).

Randy at Watcon is also very knowledgeable on the Weber engines.

Jay or Randy can talk to you about what other things should or could be done to ensure reliable operation.

If you coordinate it well, you could have the ECU upgraded by Desperado before it crosses the Pacific
    And have someone confirm the good condition of the other parts.

These turbo-charged Weber engines are rather complicated to work on. If the mechanic doesn't know what he is doing (or just doing it for the very first time), it can take a bunch of hours to get things pulled apart, changed, and properly put back together. So not every PWC shop is going to do a great or cost effective job.

2004 was early in the evolution of the Weber 750 engine. There are a number of improvements that were developed in later years, and several of those can be applied to your MSX 110 engine.

One of the first things you would want to do is make sure your current engine is indeed in good condition internally.

I can tell you that most people who own any version of the MSX tend to really like the machine. Good looking, rides well, and the Weber engine is actually quite economical on fuel. Combined with the large 67 litre fuel tank, you can ride for a long time.

Thread Information