Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45
  1. #1
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,438
    +1
    1

    Ok....Here I go Part 3 ! ! !

    Cant get better that this folks! If you remember my earlier threads, the coolant is not leaking. Did a pressure test and everything is great! Good news there...

    I go out riding today, and the ski was iding like crap! I thought it was the wd40 I used to lube the TB after the second water ingestion I had about a week back. Ran the crap out of it like I did last time with non-similar results. It still idled like crap, and continued to do so all day. On a short ride I took 2 of my boys to rent a pair of jet skis the exhaust pipe poped off the waterbox end and got some water in, I notoced right away and got the water out and had to go to the ramp to take the ski out, drain the water completely and re-tighten the t-bolt.

    Ski ran like crap all day not going past 6800rpms which got me worried thinking the washers were gone again, but the 2 times its happened to me the ski never idled like crap, even on idle.


    Anyways....stopped using the ski thinking positive that it was the TB that needed alignment since I have taken it out twice for a cleaning and wd40 lube. I thought I will take it to the dealer tomorrow to get it done......


    Well....leaving back to the ramp to call it a night/day.....the ski all of a sudden decided to run like a champ!!! Spent all day running like crap, my visitors from Puerto Rico were unable to run the ski....and at the end it decides to run good Managed to squeeze 66.7 @ 7800rpm with 3/4 tank.

    Please tell me what to do.....


  2. #2
    Moderator The Bandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wilmette, IL
    Posts
    8,373
    I would take it out again and if it is running fine, I would sell it immediately!.....just kidding

  3. #3
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,071
    +1
    790
    I would trade it in on a NEW SKi and start over, but that is just me. I don't keep them longer than two years anyway.

    But that is way to many problems to keep it.

    Sorry Just my opinion.

    .

  4. #4
    Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lake Butler, FL.
    Posts
    1,140
    Sounds like maybe your plugs are going bad...

    Mine did that when the plugs died...It would run like crap and idle terrible and never want to rev past a certain point...All of a sudden it would spring to life and run like a raped ape....

    Eventually the plugs finally gave up the ghost and it was stuck at 3000 rpms until I changed them...

  5. #5
    SplishSplash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Belle River Ont Canada
    Posts
    1,182
    +1
    98
    When you say the exhaust "T" bolt, do you mean the one right at the exhaust manifold. If so, then your probably leasking exhaust into the engine comparment causing it to suck int exhaust into the intake and causing it to run like crap.
    If the T bold came off and your manifold seperated from the exhaust, something is wrong. (broken motor mounts? T bolt not installed right?)

  6. #6
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,438
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirhc7897 View Post
    Sounds like maybe your plugs are going bad...

    Mine did that when the plugs died...It would run like crap and idle terrible and never want to rev past a certain point...All of a sudden it would spring to life and run like a raped ape....

    Eventually the plugs finally gave up the ghost and it was stuck at 3000 rpms until I changed them...
    Good idea. I will try that. Too bad I cant get the Denso's locally. I will have to put the factory ones in until I get the Denso's. What are the stock one again?

    What's a pain in the ass is that I have to drive 45 mins to be able to ride
    Last edited by GeoRXT; 10-03-2006 at 09:55 AM.

  7. #7
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,438
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    When you say the exhaust "T" bolt, do you mean the one right at the exhaust manifold. If so, then your probably leasking exhaust into the engine comparment causing it to suck int exhaust into the intake and causing it to run like crap.
    If the T bold came off and your manifold seperated from the exhaust, something is wrong. (broken motor mounts? T bolt not installed right?)
    It came off the coupler where the exhaust pipe meets the waterbox. This is an old pic with the factory clamps on.


  8. #8
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,438
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    I would take it out again and if it is running fine, I would sell it immediately!.....just kidding
    Trust me.....not a bad idea....but I wanna make it work man.

  9. #9
    Moderator The Bandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wilmette, IL
    Posts
    8,373
    I hear ya Geo. You love your ride. make it right and it will all be good again.

  10. #10
    800AMSOIL4U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Posts
    5,024
    +1
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoRXT View Post
    Cant get better that this folks! If you remember my earlier threads, the coolant is not leaking. Did a pressure test and everything is great! Good news there...

    I go out riding today, and the ski was iding like crap! I thought it was the wd40 I used to lube the TB after the second water ingestion I had about a week back. Ran the crap out of it like I did last time with non-similar results. It still idled like crap, and continued to do so all day. On a short ride I took 2 of my boys to rent a pair of jet skis the exhaust pipe poped off the waterbox end and got some water in, I notoced right away and got the water out and had to go to the ramp to take the ski out, drain the water completely and re-tighten the t-bolt.

    Ski ran like crap all day not going past 6800rpms which got me worried thinking the washers were gone again, but the 2 times its happened to me the ski never idled like crap, even on idle.


    Anyways....stopped using the ski thinking positive that it was the TB that needed alignment since I have taken it out twice for a cleaning and wd40 lube. I thought I will take it to the dealer tomorrow to get it done......


    Well....leaving back to the ramp to call it a night/day.....the ski all of a sudden decided to run like a champ!!! Spent all day running like crap, my visitors from Puerto Rico were unable to run the ski....and at the end it decides to run good Managed to squeeze 66.7 @ 7800rpm with 3/4 tank.

    Please tell me what to do.....
    I wonder if the air filter got water on it and took time to dry off, or if you were getting exhaust inside the engine compartment. If that happens again try taking the seat off and running it. If it picks up the RPM's it is probably an exhaust leak. I just had it happen to me where the exhaust was getting into the engine compartment. I took the seat off and saw some smoke. Just a thought.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Here I Go Again Part 2!
    By GeoRXT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-27-2006, 07:03 PM
  2. Here ya go HYDROTOYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By WATER WOODY in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-17-2006, 11:34 PM
  3. HERE WE GO!!!
    By ISLANDRACING in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-28-2005, 10:17 AM
  4. Here we go again!
    By Green Hulk in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-22-2005, 01:32 PM
  5. Here I go again new RXT hop up
    By Burnwater in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-11-2005, 09:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •