Ultra 150 pump removal help

anyone have a link to the instructions for pump removal for an Ultra 150 ?? does the ride plate need to be completely removed, can it be done while still on the trailer?? thanks

never done it before and i am a little shy about it....

Quote Originally Posted by kaboom3757 View Post
    anyone have a link to the instructions for pump removal for an Ultra 150 ?? does the ride plate need to be completely removed, can it be done while still on the trailer?? thanks

never done it before and i am a little shy about it....

Is your ski a fresh or salt water ski. If it is a salt water ski get your work boots on because you are in for some hard labor.

The ride plate does not have to come off, but you do have to remove the two bolts that go through the middle of the ride plate that go up into the pump.

You can remove the pump with it on the trailer. The trailer is a complete non-issue.

All you have to do is remove the two bolts going through the ride plate (those I mentioned before), remove the bolt connecting the trim actuator to the nozzle (one bolt), and remove the nuts holding the pump to the hull.

After that is when you get to the moment of truth. And that moment is when you determine if the four main studs holding the pump to the hull have fused/rusted to the pump housing. You can try prying on the ears on the pump where the studs go through the pump casing (that is what I did) to try to loosen it up. If that doesn't work you might have to rig up a pump puller to get it off. There are instructions on how to build that puller on the Ultra 150 forum.

Whatever you do, when you put it back together put some grease on the four studs that holld the pump on so that the next time you remove it it will be a piece of cake.

thanks,
    i have taken one off when parting a ski....and the thing was flipped over. didnt think i had to pull the ride plate off but wasnt sure. i knew about the (2) thru bolts. thanks for the confidence. FYI they are freshwater.

thanks for the build of confidence.

Thread Information