+1

RXP-X ECU swap in an '07. Now have many Error Codes.

I just had a new (to me) 08 RXP-X ECU activated and installed at the dealer today. I figured it would be a good compliment to my x-charger, 42lbs injectors and soon to be installed external IC. However, I have a few bugs to work out. When I put the DESS on the post the dash displays SENSOR for a few seconds then goes away. Also the fuel gauge freaks out and flashes at me. It goes from Full to Empty and displays the Lo-Fuel message and keeps doing this cycle. Also the water temp gauge stays at 68 and turns on/off every once in awhile.

After I start the boat and run for a few mins I get a barrage of Check Engine error codes.

• P0463 - Fuel level sensor circuit shorted to 12V or open circuit

• P1511 - Lake temperature circuit high voltage
    • P1590 - VTS position sensor out of range
    • P1592 - VTS position sensor - high voltage
    • P-1671- Buzzer short-circuit to groundor open
    • P1690 - VTS control up circuit open circuit or shorted to ground
    • P1692 - VTS control down circuit open circuit or shorted to ground
    The speedsters don't have VTS so thats why i'm getting all the VTS error codes. Can't the dealer disable VTS in BUDS so I don't see these error codes? The clerk at the service desk said they couldn't but I think he was just an idiot and/or was trying to blow smoke up my ass.

What about these other codes?

• P-1671- Buzzer short-circuit to ground or open
    • P0463 - Fuel level sensor circuit shorted to 12V or open circuit

• P1511 - Lake temperature circuit high voltage
    I never saw any check engine error codes on my old stock 07 ECU. Do you think there is an actual problem or did the dealer just screw up when activating this ECU? Does the 08 ECU monitor these things and the 07 doesn't? Is the ECU looking for sensors I don't have?

The boat runs good with the new ECU. I went on a 70mile trip this afternoon and no problems other then the above Check Engine codes. Another thing to note is that while running the fuel gauge is useless because it keeps cycling from full to empty, The speedometer jumps back and forth from 0 to my current speed, and the water temp sensor just says 68 and turns on/off

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to clear this all up would be greatly appreciated.

Banned User
    not to sure about running the RXPX ecu in the boat, there is a few different things in the boats and skis that i am sure the ecus dont have in common, yes the vts, speedo, temp sensor can be turned off so u dont have the codes, but so u know the temp sensor and speedo are the same sensor, so u will lose both.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyRXT View Post
    not to sure about running the RXPX ecu in the boat, there is a few different things in the boats and skis that i am sure the ecus dont have in common, yes the vts, speedo, temp sensor can be turned off so u dont have the codes, but so u know the temp sensor and speedo are the same sensor, so u will lose both.

What if I got a temp/speedo sensor from an RXPX?

Thread Information