+1

FZR Low Fuel Buzzer

I don't have my instruction manual with me for my 09 FZR and I was wondering how much fuel you have left when the buzzer goes off. I typically come off the lake when I get down to my last bar but today I came off at one bar and filled up and it only took 10 gallons. Apparently I still have about eight in the tank when I get down to that last bar. Just wondering what others experiences are regarding the gauge and buzzer.

Never heard the buzzer. I thought maybe the gauge was actually giving me a rough idea of how much fuel I had left, consequently I tend to look for gas soon after I'm down to the last bar. I've learned that I still have quite a bit of fuel left.

Anyone installed a useful fuel gauge?

The ECU knows exactly how much fuel has been injected, I wonder if it keeps track of this info.?

+1
    It is supposed to go off when there is about 4.8 gallons left. The tank holds 18.5 gallons. Which should mean that you would have to put 13.7 gallons in to fill it. Of course that would only be if you were sitting perfectly level and not sloshing the fuel around. As they say the general rule you want is 1/3 out, 1/3 back and 1/3 for emergencies, so that is probably not the worst.

10 gallons does sound early a bit early and I guess it depends on the riding conditions, but I suspect that it would have turned itself off after the fuel stopped sloshing around. I have had mine go off a couple times, but think that I put in somewhere around 13 to 14 gallons to fill it when that happened.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfRider View Post
    It is supposed to go off when there is about 4.8 gallons left. The tank holds 18.5 gallons. Which should mean that you would have to put 13.7 gallons in to fill it. Of course that would only be if you were sitting perfectly level and not sloshing the fuel around. As they say the general rule you want is 1/3 out, 1/3 back and 1/3 for emergencies, so that is probably not the worst.

10 gallons does sound early a bit early and I guess it depends on the riding conditions, but I suspect that it would have turned itself off after the fuel stopped sloshing around. I have had mine go off a couple times, but think that I put in somewhere around 13 to 14 gallons to fill it when that happened.
    +1

My FZS buzzer goes off at one bar. It only has 4 bars. It stays on which is really annoying. At 4.8 gallons left this is crazy. Anyone else think this sux?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnoc2 View Post
    My FZS buzzer goes off at one bar. It only has 4 bars. It stays on which is really annoying. At 4.8 gallons left this is crazy. Anyone else think this sux?
    Its a safety feature. I think its a great addition to our skis. And if you dont want to hear the buzzer, just press the hour/volt meter to mute it.

Thanks for info! Did not know that would mute buzzer. I do love my yammie hammer. Just bought it this summer. Will be riding it more since my Seadoo RXTX has been in the shop for the second time this year. Cant beat Yamaha dependability.

+1
    You definitely do want the buzzer. Imagine that you were having a great day and were not paying attention. Now you are 30 miles from your ramp and any fuel station. You are out of fuel. So now you call SeaTow and pay the guy $500. But since the buzzer went off, you still have about 4.5 gallons of fuel and if you cruise at about 30 mph, you can go about 40 miles! And yes, like Mike said, it's easy to mute it.

+1
    The fzr is great...we were at mud bug way back by the cane fields next to sasquatch and a big gator...all the rxp-x guys and gals fuel buzzers went off..my fzr still had two bars...we rode back towards the ramp and as we approched my buzzer went off with one bar ; about 5 gallons is what I figured I had left....no one ran out but the rxp's were literally on fumes...great day of riding. added : Rode today , buzzer came on , rode about one mile to ramp...gassed up...ski held about 13 gallons...
    Last edited by txgp1300r; 07-13-2011 at 07:18 PM. Reason: add info

Thread Information