2000 GTX Millenium 951 cc Carburetor acceleration bog out!!

Hello,

I have a 2000 Millenium Edition 951cc carburetor motor 135 HP and upon initial acceleration from DEAD STOP, it boggs out and pretty much dies.. Once immediately out of the hole running it is totally fine mid and top end. I noticed when I pull the choke out for a split second and back in it jumps out of the hole fine and cleans up for a split second... I just had the carbs rebuilt $600 last year and ran very good for awhile... It has a gentle 50 hours on it total and is in Beautiful condition.. Below is just a picture of it....

If you have any suggestions it would be very much appreciated...

Thank you very much..

(702) 254-8388
    [email protected]

I know its old and theres only one post but my 99 gtx ltd is doing exactly the same thing don't know what to do.

+1
    its your accelerator pump. its an easy fix, normally the small nozzles in the carbs get plugged, or the check valve in the pump goes bad. You can fix it, or you can re-jet the carbs to run without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    its your accelerator pump. its an easy fix, normally the small nozzles in the carbs get plugged, or the check valve in the pump goes bad. You can fix it, or you can re-jet the carbs to run without it.
    Thank you Pacer I have my own thread on this but sadly only one congats reply when I thought I'd fixed it I have read a bit and thought probably accel pump but really no idea how to go about it I get the carbs pulled off once a year and everything checked by a good jet mech we have here its about that time just don't have much cash atm but will have to find it I take my kids out to reefs we have here and when its big me a my mate tow each other into big waves so I like everything to be good order and reliable thanks again I'll post on my thread when I find the problem cheers.

+1
    Its probably the easiest thing to check also. Pull your intake or FA off the carbs enough to get a finger in there. With the engine off, touch the inside of the brass nozzle, and squeeze the throttle. You should get some gas spray. If not, crank the ski and idle if for a couple seconds to make sure the carbs are full of fuel and then try it again. You can jet the carbs to run without the accelerator pump also. I've got an XPL setup like this. I don't remember the exact jetting but its something like 2.0 NS, stock spring 167.5 high and 90 or 95 on the lows.

+1
    Think mine set-up like that was 155, 95. Stock NS and a lighter spring.

+1
    my jetting is for use with aftermarket flame arrestors. I've used it on several XPls, one RX, and one GSX. I've never jetted a GTX but I assume it would work. 85 or 87.5 lows work well with flame arrestors and accelerator pumps.

Thread Information