Post 2001 SEA DOO GTX DI Rebuildint the top end.........

My top end blew out on me and I need new sleeves and the whole ten yeards, so i'm going to purchase a cylinder exchange through SBT. Now im a little nervous when it comes to installing the new pistons and putting the top end together....Anyone got directions or tips to help out. I pulled out the engine with SBT's instructions, and it ran smoothly now I cant find anything on building up the top end.....Any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyaguiar View Post
    My top end blew out on me and I need new sleeves and the whole ten yeards, so i'm going to purchase a cylinder exchange through SBT. Now im a little nervous when it comes to installing the new pistons and putting the top end together....Anyone got directions or tips to help out. I pulled out the engine with SBT's instructions, and it ran smoothly now I cant find anything on building up the top end.....Any help is appreciated.

For the best advice from guys on here you should ask about where to buy your parts. SBT has a bad rep here for starters. Also take pics of the damage and post. What you think you need may not be enough. No one will know for sure unless the can get a visual on the damage. Lots of different ways a top end can go out. Start there and you will get advise on what to do . Just saying your top end blew out what do I do is not precise enough information. You are doing pretty good so far if you already have the engine out.

If you don't have one already you can download a free service manual here.
    http://seadoomanuals.net/manuals/2001-seadoo.php
    Last edited by RumRunnerRon; 06-27-2010 at 06:40 PM. Reason: add link to manual

Thread Information