Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

little help please!

Ok so i went out today after installing my 42lb injectors and fizzle i/c.... my ski will hit 8100-8150 rpms... but when i am taking off you can here like a leak that sounds like an exhaust leak...and also when i rev it up on the hose... it flutters like i have a blowoff valve...but i no longer have a blowoff valve.. but it sounds like i still do.. thats the best way to describe the sounds... this leaking sound stays around from 0 to full speed but obvioulsy it gets harder to hear the faster i go... but when i take my seat off you can really really hear it... i dunno what the heck it could be...

+1
    Have you looked at your Manifold blockoff closely??

Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Have you looked at your Manifold blockoff closely??
    Well not since I installed it but I took my seat off and went like 10mph and grabbed the blockoff around the edges and felt no leaks....at btw I'm still turning my 14/19 prop... My 15/20 will be here next week... I feel like I should be harrrd on the rev limited....but itsshowing 8100 to 8150 never saw 8200

+1
    the hard limiter is there so that you don't see 8200. check to see if the brass plugs are in your intercooler block-off plate and make sure you plugged the mounting hole on the intercooler that isn't used. running against the limiter will make your ski go *boom* like your 'buddy' at the dealership said

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    the hard limiter is there so that you don't see 8200. check to see if the brass plugs are in your intercooler block-off plate and make sure you plugged the mounting hole on the intercooler that isn't used. running against the limiter will make your ski go *boom* like your 'buddy' at the dealership said
    Lol....boom.....I plugged the hole and all my blockoff plate holes are sealed with thread tape...the sound seems to almost be coming from my intakes
    filter... This is really weird...

+1

Your going to Boom!!!

I hope you didn't drop anything into your charger when you installed the IC.

I always tape off the SC ports when I work on my ski.

lmao...boom...i guess we will find out tom morning...im going to take it back apart and start checking shit out... i dont think my slip is off because it has power thats for sure... and it turns 8150 easily... i did take the bolts out of my manifold and moved my manifold to the side to get the stock i/c out....maybe the manifold is not seated right... is there a manifold gasket... because i dont remember one being there...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoisht View Post
    lmao...boom...i guess we will find out tom morning...im going to take it back apart and start checking shit out... i dont think my slip is off because it has power thats for sure... and it turns 8150 easily... i did take the bolts out of my manifold and moved my manifold to the side to get the stock i/c out....maybe the manifold is not seated right... is there a manifold gasket... because i dont remember one being there...
    BOOST LEAK!!!! Check all your pipes and couplers as well as check the I/C for unpluged mounting holes, I think Fizzles kit uses the X/S I/C and that has mounting holes that are open to the inside of the I/C

+1
    Well not since I installed it but I took my seat off and went like 10mph and grabbed the blockoff around the edges and felt no leaks....at btw I'm still turning my 14/19 prop... My 15/20 will be here next week... I feel like I should be harrrd on the rev limited....but itsshowing 8100 to 8150 never saw 8200
    If you are seeing 8150 its on the limiter. Did you make sure you had both rubber seals from the old IC?
    If your manifold was not sealed right you would have a vacuum leak and it would rev like crazy at idle.

What kind of intake are you running? The fluttering noise could be normal. When you let off the throttle the boost has no where to go accept back out the intake and with the bigger IC there is more volume of air bottled up that needs to go somewhere. As for the noise when accelerating it could also be the sound of the air going through the long IC pipes and then intake that now has no IC in it.

i just cant see it having a boost leak while running 8150....but we will see tom morning... gosh i hope its somthing simple...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information