Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

kill gayspray 96 venture 1100

sick of spraying peoples boats etc. what is the best way? zip tie the line or cap it? what size cap and where can i get it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by official_style View Post
    sick of spraying peoples boats etc. what is the best way? zip tie the line or cap it? what size cap and where can i get it?
    I know I'm going to take some heat for this but is killing that visibility spout really worth it? It's on there for a reason and can really potentially save your life in avoiding a crash. However if you're going to do it most people use JB Weld and plug the spout on the nozzle. Zip tie is ineffective and a cap would get blown off.

+1
    well my ultra doesnt have it, and im sick of it hitting me when there is wind and getting on friends boats. so yea ill take the risk. so jb weld the nipple? just fill it up? thats the stuff from autozone right? how longs it take to dry? i have to redo the pump so its outta commission for a little while anyways

+1
    Yeah Autozone will have it. Plug that long nipple flush with the nozzle. It is circled in this diagram.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Venture 1100 Visibility Spout Plug.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	202982

+1
    cool thx bro.

Call me crazy, but if you are sick of spraying people on boats I think you have a bigger issue on hand, like being to close to boats!

I just picked up the same water craft, and the owner before me plugged the line. I'm not sure how, but he pointed it out to me. If what doesn't work for you, I'll investigate mine a bit more closely and let you know how it is in place.

On a side note, I hardly say the spary is a potential life saver. If you can't see the 10' long boat, what makes the thin stream of water any more visible?

+1
    i tie up to my friends boats to chill, not driving by spraying them lol and yea i agree wtf does gayspray do to help people see u lol

we have a venture and my dad sprayed a lady on the dock her boyfriend was there we booked it so what we did was put a ball valve on it it was realy easy just cut the line and clamp it on now we can turn it on and off

+1
    im just gonna kill it permanently. i got bigger problems with the venture, the driveshaft seal is leaking, there is NO way im changing that, just gonna slap a bilge on it and keep greasing it.

I have an added question in regards to the spout. I have both of mine disconnected but my 1100 Raider has a stock nozzle. If you plug the exit, it's still an open hole in your nozzle on the inside. This must create a small amount of nozzle inefficiency since it's not completely a smooth flow. Anyone here get anal about that and plug the hole tube in the nozzle?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information