Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Oil in intake

Oil in intake

I recently put on a fizzle intake and noticed that I had a low oil level warning after riding for a couple of hours. Also exhaust has oil (smoking). I actually vented into the fizzle, just like the stock setup and riva intake setup.

I am running an x-charger with riva pro series wheel, no BOV. Is this too much boost to run to the intake or should I get a catchcan?

+1
    I've noticed many of the new X-chargers leaking oil past the seal. Some of the guys have been installing Viton seals and I've been using an SKF seal part # 563383 with great succes. To keep from removing the shaft from the housing you can weld a deep socket onto the seal tool to get around the shaft.

Also planning on upgrading your X charger seal here when going to the minirude.

HMM. I see. This oil is coming from the head (tops valve), then flowing into the intake. So I'm thinking more from positive pressure in the head that I'm seeing in the hose that goes to the kanaflex intake.

If I check the charger, then should there be oil coming from the blades if leaking from the seal?

What do you guys use to clean oil out of the intercooler? I have an X cooler.

+1
    Gas

cool, thanks.

+1
    Check your oilpressure,there is a oil pressure regulator under the water pump.
    You might have a to high oilpressure,if the pressure regulator don't opens you have an oilpressure of around 90 psi,normally the regulator opens and makes the oil pressure drop .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by comish71 View Post
    HMM. I see. This oil is coming from the head (tops valve), then flowing into the intake. So I'm thinking more from positive pressure in the head that I'm seeing in the hose that goes to the kanaflex intake.

If I check the charger, then should there be oil coming from the blades if leaking from the seal?
    Sorry, didn't read deep enough.

Check to make sure metal shim is still in the cap thats attached to the cam gear, also the rubber boot that goes on the TOPs vavle. Missing either one of those and oil will flow heavily through it.

+1
    If anyones interested I got Viton seals and tools for sale in the classifieds.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I've noticed many of the new X-chargers leaking oil past the seal. Some of the guys have been installing Viton seals and I've been using an SKF seal part # 563383 with great succes. To keep from removing the shaft from the housing you can weld a deep socket onto the seal tool to get around the shaft.

Also planning on upgrading your X charger seal here when going to the minirude.
    Surprised that the SKF seal is working for ya. I called and got the specs on it and its just a single lip Nitrile seal. Should be the same as the OEM one.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information