+1

N.J. state police patroling Navesink /Swimming River area (Red Bank)

Just a heads up if you guys head past Chris's Marina and run the "trails" back there.They put up "no wake" bouys recently.It seems packs of skis have been ''drag racing" and running WOT through some snake turns.Turns out there been alot of complaints as the skiers have been "rocking the docks" and the moored boats, even through its mostly marsh land back there, be careful!

I`ve been told the same issues are here on the Mullica as well... and the season just started... Lots of construction under the GSP bridge, safety and construction boats are in the water with the Police up above... also been told the staties have been out on the water between the bridges...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyGPR View Post
    I`ve been told the same issues are here on the Mullica as well... and the season just started... Lots of construction under the GSP bridge, safety and construction boats are in the water with the Police up above... also been told the staties have been out on the water between the bridges...
    Yep, and with the Mullica "technically" not even being wide enough for skis to begin with...it's open season. It's already started at the ramps with the staties checking trailer plates. Remember, I got hassled the first ride of the season cause I didn't have plates for my new trailer yet and Hildagard said they were hassling a guy who had the wrong plates for his trailer the last time we were out.

Also, as we were passing under the GSP bridge there was water police sitting just on the passing side of the barge watching people come under the bridge. You couldn't see him until you were already past. He was gone on the way back...I'm sure hiding somewhere else we didn't see him.

+1
    I assume the Mullica has alot of narrow parts.Swimming river does, and the state police can use Bill A 2736 which if people don't know already, is that a PWC must stay away 200ft from shoreline, bathers etc. and must proceed at a trolling speed(5-10mph).What if a river is only lets say 100-150 ft wide?Spoke to Chris Manthos back when vote was coming up review by the state assembly.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Yep, and with the Mullica "technically" not even being wide enough for skis to begin with...it's open season. It's already started at the ramps with the staties checking trailer plates. Remember, I got hassled the first ride of the season cause I didn't have plates for my new trailer yet and Hildagard said they were hassling a guy who had the wrong plates for his trailer the last time we were out.

Also, as we were passing under the GSP bridge there was water police sitting just on the passing side of the barge watching people come under the bridge. You couldn't see him until you were already past. He was gone on the way back...I'm sure hiding somewhere else we didn't see him.

Doug I have to totally agree with law enforcement on the "under the bridge" observation.Thats where a serious accident can happen and the ski going under is liable.You just don't know what's coming across(crab boats ,kayaks).When I go under and like Mullica there are a few, I slow to almost a stop as a exit under the bridge look both ways then proceed. Some guys Ive seen and even ride with "rip" under those bridges and that's wrong! Its an obvious very careless move

+1
    Very true on both your posts Dave.. The Mullica is narrow and has groups of houses right on the river. You really don't have to many problems as long as your respectful of the locals and take your speed down as you pass the groups of houses and going under the bridges. The construction at the GSP bridge is just insane. You really have to watch your ass going through there while they are working. The police are NOT putting up with anyones shit this year with everything that's going on out there.

+1

Thread Information