95 Polaris SLX 780 Needs HELP!!!!

Hey, well im new to this forum and i need some help to fix my 95 Polaris SLX 780, well here are the problems:

1. The first piston (which is the one near to the gas tank or the front of the jet ski) is always hot, every time i turn it on with water, it is the first one to get super hot and it never cools down. The other two pistons are cooled off with the water circulating. If anyone can help me with that would be great.

2. When i turn on my jet ski, the rpms are very low, and when i drive it on the river the jet ski does not want to go more than 3500 rpms, I would like to know whats going on with that. Also I wanted to know what are the normal rpms it should have when i don't accelerate it.

3. Im planning to change the spark plugs, I wanted to know the calibration it should have, the number they should be using, and the best brand i can use for spark plugs.

4. I wanted to know if i need to disconnect the battery every time im finished using it or not.

5. I also wanted to know what does "Limp Mode" stand for?

If anyone can answer me all these questions I would be real appreciated. Any answers would be gladly taken.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

All your questions have answers already posted.

Start here;
    I just bought a Polaris PWC - what should I do?

As K447 pointed out most of the information you're looking for is at the link he posted. It is a long read. Quickly I will tell you that the cylinder that you are talking about (MAG) will always get hotter than the others because of the stator, especially on the hose because there are gravity issues on the hose as well. (Don't run it longer than a minute on the hose!)

You state you are in "limp mode." That is most likely why you can't get your rpm's up. You have to find the reason why you are in limp mode. It is supposed to go into limp mode if you are low on fuel but other electrical problems can cause this.

The plug gap is at .028.

You do not need to disconnect the battery but you must have a good battery.

These people here are very knowledgeable and will help you. I learned plenty from them in the past couple of months. However you must do the reading. There is a lot to learn about maintaining your ski and keeping it running properly.

Thanks for the tips they will surely help alot

Don't forget to do a compression test right away. If you have problems there you are going to have a lot of work to do.

Thread Information