+1

2004 polaris Predator 500

does any one know anything about these quads.. i have ridin with guys that have them bust never on one.. things too look out for?

reason being.. im trying to sell my sl1050 and i got an offer to trade.. and at first i did not want trades i wanted cash to get a new ski.. but im thinking more about this now..

he says it needs "valves adjusted" which seems like a big deal.. but i have no idea.. my knowledge is in 2strokes not 4's

but from what i know they are pretty quick quads and it beat me when i was on a ds650.

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    valve adjusting could mean many things specially if he is trying to get rid of it. Why doesnt he adjust them himself?

+1
    not sure.. i have thought of that..

what does it take to adjust them? i know id have to pull the head.. but does the hole motor have to come out? id be trading my ski ski that is running but needs work..

and he said his runs.. my buddy told me to listen for ticking and what not while its running.. i dont mind doing some work i just dont want to have to replace a hole top end..\

say the valves are bad what am i looking at price wise?

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    my brother honda is doing the same thing, ticking, and smoking, its ticking too much, but on honda you cant just take the head out like a ski, it comes out with the whole cylinder sleeve, so i dont mess with mine pain in tha arse

Stay away from the predator 500's. That thing is a time bomb waiting to explode!! Everyone I know that has owned one has put lots of $$$ into the top end. They are notorious with top end issues. And when they come apart....they take everything out!! If you want a polaris Racing atv, look into the Outlaw 525. KTM builds the engine and its very strong. Otherwise if you want somthing reliable that you can run the hell out of, pick up a Honda 400ex. They are damn near bullet proof!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ktyamaha36 View Post
    Stay away from the predator 500's. That thing is a time bomb waiting to explode!! Everyone I know that has owned one has put lots of $$$ into the top end. They are notorious with top end issues. And when they come apart....they take everything out!! If you want a polaris Racing atv, look into the Outlaw 525. KTM builds the engine and its very strong. Otherwise if you want somthing reliable that you can run the hell out of, pick up a Honda 400ex. They are damn near bullet proof!
    thanks man.. i have heard both sides..the reason i was considering this was the fact that he wanted to trade and ive been wanting a atv for along time just didnt have the extra cash.. i have had my eye on a sportsman or a outlaw.. if it was a out law there would have been no doubt about pickin git up

Thread Information