Fishing in Tampa Area

I feel a little inadequate posting this after seeing Brian's pictures and the pimped out ski he inspired up in Virginia! Nonetheless, I built (and messed up) a 83Gator style rack for one of my Yamaha SHO's and haven't painted it yet. Even though I messed it up and haven't painted it yet, it works great. I want to change the mounting system for it to make it a little easier, and then of course, there is the project of building another one for the other ski....but I digress.

My 19-year-old son and I went out yesterday late afternoon off of Tarpon Springs near Anclote key. It was our first time out fishing. We are novices to both jet skis and salt water fishing. Although the marine cooler fits perfect in rack, we didn't plan on keeping anything so left it out. It was a blast - especially fun to see the flats boats coming close buy to see if we were really fishing from jet skis!

P.S. Excuse the picture quality. Unlike Brian, I'm a little hesitant to take my Canon SLR and big lenses out on the ski. This was taken with my HTC EVO 4G phone.

St. Amant, LA
    I think the one holding the fish is the one that's hooked...LOL. PWC fishing - it's fun just getting to the honey holes. If I can help out w/the rack any just let me know.

St. Petersburg, FL
    I'm in St. Pete and am also new at fishing in general.

I built a rod holder for my GP1300r - but my ski is a little small.. Hard to move around it without getting tipsy

My wife rides our 15F, so maybe I'll take that out next time. Been dreaming of catching a grouper!

St. Louis, MO - Miami, FL
    Great job King Tut ! Keep it up and keep posting pictures. Looking forward to hearing more stories.

Great catch man!

Thread Information