Bilge Pump Continuously On - 2003 Genesis i

I've read other similar threads but, my situation seems unique enough to start a new thread. As the subject says, when the engine is off, the bilge pump continues to run. I unplugged it once and it ran fine without it. But, obviously not a good idea to simply unplug it. So, I just unplug it when I'm not using my PWC. However, when I did this my battery went dead. So, first, can someone tell me why the battery would go dead? Is current still pumping through the system even when the pump is unplugged? Second, I've read that the problem might be the LR voltage regulator - however, the Genesis i has the EMM (Engine Managment Module) and I can't find any documentation in the manual that the Genesis i even has a LR Voltage regulator. So, 2nd question is - does it have a voltage regulator and if so where? Same goes for the electrical box - it doesn't seem to have that either? (possibly because it has the EMM? I've checked the fuses - and they are fine. I suppose I could just try replacing the pump first to see if that works. Help please - if I replace the pump first - what pump should I buy? And, if that doesn't work what would you suggest?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

The 2003 Genesis i does not have the same voltage regulator as the carburetor models, but it does have a Start/Stop LR-503 module.

This LR-503 module does control the power feed to the Orange wires, just like the voltage regulator on the carb'ed models. Orange wire powers the bilge pump and the Reverse motor

I suggest you purchase a replacement module LR-503-4 (part number 4010906)

It is tucked somewhere along the wire harness. On some model years, it was hidden behind the MFI display, and accessed from the hood area in front.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3167.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	117.1 KB 
ID:	203158Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3168.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	203159Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3170.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	203160Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3171.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	203161

OK. I believe you. When attempting to order I pulled up a 33+ page parts manual specific to the 2003 Genisis i. They should hundreds of part numbers but not part number 4010906.

I also did a search on LR-503-4 and couldn't find anything there either.

And, I couldn't find a part like shown in the picture above.

I'm obviously not a mechancial guy - could the part number be something else. Could it be called something else? Could the model I have actually require something different that what you've describe?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Lothair View Post
    OK. I believe you. When attempting to order I pulled up a 33+ page parts manual specific to the 2003 Genisis i. They should hundreds of part numbers but not part number 4010906.

I also did a search on LR-503-4 and couldn't find anything there either.

And, I couldn't find a part like shown in the picture above.

I'm obviously not a mechancial guy - could the part number be something else. Could it be called something else? Could the model I have actually require something different that what you've describe?
    4010906 is an updated part number used on the 2004 models. It supersedes the older part number originally used on your 2003 Genesis i

PartSpitStop is selling the 4010906 for $75
    Search for it by part number, not model/year.

If you look in the Polaris Industries online parts diagrams, you will find the older 4010724 Start/Stop module listed in the Electrical section. Item 3 in this diagram (which doesn't tell you where it is actually located in the hull)

Have you looked behind the display, and possibly behind the panel in the front storage compartment?

Thank you so much. You must be the quickest most efficient responder I've ever encountered!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Lothair View Post
    Thank you so much. You must be the quickest most efficient responder I've ever encountered!
    When you have the opportunity, pay it forward, here or elsewhere

im tryin to find one of those modules as well.2002 virage 1200txi.#lr503-3 4010724 is engineering number on module i have

Part # 3 on this page:
    http://www.partsland.com/index.cgi?N...ELECTRICAL-BOX

START/STOP CONTROLLER LR503

Thread Information