Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Project XLT1200 get back onto the ater all perty and reliable at 60mph!

Well the title says it all, here are the first pics of her in primer... And i pulled the impeller thinking there might be an issue there from what i could see under the boat. I posted pics and was told to ride on it but to be honest i dont think anyone saw how bad it was... the impeller was almost burnt through and in really bad shape! Here are the pics...

2 coats of primer one to go!

Primed and wet sanded farrings!

Pulled it and YUCKY!!

cant see well but its deep!

Got the bottom painted and cleared today. I will paint the top and farrings weds... here are pics... More to come in daylight and with the top end painted adn then after color sanding and polishing.

Well, quick update... Farrings painted and top wet sanded to 400 almost ready to shoot the top.

Pics really don't do it justice. cant wait to complete the paint and start wet sanding and polishing. Then I can re assemble and start testing all these goodies i have sitting around!

+1
    looking good

Gainesville, Ga.. Lake Lanier ....... 2006 FXHO Cruiser
    A lot of work but it sure does look good!!

Bill

Wow! looks Good!

Nice work looking good, you doing that in ur back yard ? And when you did the bottom you just hung it like that from the picker

Update, Need to re do the bottom because of idiot... Top complete....

Ok i strongly advise against letting the skis hang with these straps they are not safe at all in mid air. If i had to do it over again i would 100% pull the motor and flip the ski. Someone i wont mention names decided it would be fun to jump on the Cherry picker and hang from it while it was holding the ski. Well my countless hours of paint and body work on the bottom end were thrown away as the picker showed that it wasnt a swing and fell while holding the ski about 5 feet mid air. There was a bit of hull damage on the bottom that is being worked on right now and some top damage. lucky no one was killed or hurt but that person wont be coming over to my house any longer and was kindly told what an idiot they were! anyways the top and accessories are painted and the bottom will come again later in the week.... The pics show after clear was shot and dry however it look much much better in person. Still need to wet sand and buff and now re do the bottom end. More pics to come! Kinda got burnt out after that happened so i havent been workin on it so hard. It would of been complete by now if that had not happened.

Yes the ski was painted in my side yard 100% and it was hung from the picker many times as well. I will mention the ski has now come down twice. Once the straps failed i was using the 750lb rated straps and the second two days after igot the bottom painted when an idiot (refuse to call a friend) decided to jump on and hang from the picker while it was holding the ski and it toppled. He is lucky to be alive and was vary shaken up. No he isnt paying for my time or materials he is a douche bag but ill leave that off the thread!!! I'm just happy i didnt have a news story in my side yard!

60% of the time, it works every time.
    ski looks great so far. sorry to hrear about the mishap. hard to tell from th pics, is the main body the same color as the hood? looks like the hood is silver while the main hull color looks darker. probably just the pics, but it all looks great. nice job so far. looking forward to the end result.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information