Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

RXT Sea Doo Depth Gauge Installation Instructions

Here are the manufacturers instructions along with a helpful supplement I made up for installing the depth finder in an RXt. Budget 2-3 hours. If the dealer can do it for less than $100 I'de say have them do it. The kit is $410 plus the dealer will charge $35 to configure it. The unit works great. Still displays at 60+ mph and will display down to 1 foot. I have the Norcross on my RXP and the Sea Doo kit is much better in my opinion, and you get the depth display on the gauge cluster in large easy to read numbers.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Great Post

Thank you Mark for taking the time to post the instructions and pictures. I wasn't going to install one at first but now I am going to.

Richard

+1
    I just did my depth sensor install in my 06 RXT a couple weeks ago. It's really not to hard to do. Just take your time on the wiring part. The supplement instructions should help anyone.
    I got my depth sensor for $344. http://www.parkeryamaha.com/index.as...D&ProdID=27332

jetski22: Glad I could be of some help. There is no info available on the sea doo kit and the dealers don't seem to know exactly what is in the kit. The instructions sea doo sends with the kit are horrible. So, I figured it was a good time to contribute to the how to section of this site.

Your help was GREAT! I have a 2006 GTX SC that I plan on installing one. I hope if I have any questions I can contact you. What I saw so far I should been fine but, you just never know.

Epoxy used

R-Doo, or Mark S.
    I was wondering if you used the 3M05895 epoxy that the instructions called for in the kit or did you use sometihing else? Just curious, because the guy at the automotive paint store, that sells the epoxy, said he thought it might not work. So I wanted the hear from someone who actually used it. Thank you.

+1
    I used some Loctite extra time Epoxy. It sets in 60 minutes. It's what most depth finders call for, something that sets up slow. You want slow setting so the air bubbles can work themselves out. Just don't use 5 min.

Thank you R-Doo with the quick response. I did see another post about a 3M adhesive number 5200 Fast Cure with a working time of an hour or so. That sounds very similar to the time you had with the product you used. I just want get it right the first time, for sure.

I used some West marine slow setting epoxy that came in a small kit. Just don't use anything with silicone in it.

Thanks Mark. I did see where someone had used the West Marine epoxy. I will be sure not to use any with silicone. Did you use the gel pads that came with the depth finder kit? I have seen where some use mineral oil. Maybe they didn't have the gel pads back then. Not sure. Let me know.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information