Thread: GP1200R Help

GP1200R Help

So I have not been able to ride my ski for a while and now it is not starting and need some help. It is a 2001 GP1200R. Went to start button is pushed the warning light will come on the the buzzer will beep twice. The entire display also lights up. I also thought it might me the battery. Put a new battery on and still doing the same thing.

The ski has sat for almost 3 months. Had to leave town in a hurry for work and forgot to put it on a battery tender. The last time I ran the ski it ran perfect. I bought the ski from Kirk350 on here so I am confident it is in good shape.

When I had run it it was meticulously cleaned afterward.

I did do a bit of a search. How do you check the codes on this ski? The sticky post I found said hold the display button but the only button on mine is the reset button. Is this what I hold to get a code? I am used to working on bikes but am new to skis.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

+1
    Does it even try to crank or do the lights dim? If so can you take the drive shaft cover off and spin the motor by hand with the plugs out? Not sure on the codes either I'd have to read the book. And from what I gather on here Kirk350 is a good guy so I don't think he would have sold you a turd if that gives you some peace of mind.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tamucc2002 View Post
    So I have not been able to ride my ski for a while and now it is not starting and need some help. It is a 2001 GP1200R. Went to start button is pushed the warning light will come on the the buzzer will beep twice. The entire display also lights up. I also thought it might me the battery. Put a new battery on and still doing the same thing.

The ski has sat for almost 3 months. Had to leave town in a hurry for work and forgot to put it on a battery tender. The last time I ran the ski it ran perfect. I bought the ski from Kirk350 on here so I am confident it is in good shape.

When I had run it it was meticulously cleaned afterward.

I did do a bit of a search. How do you check the codes on this ski? The sticky post I found said hold the display button but the only button on mine is the reset button. Is this what I hold to get a code? I am used to working on bikes but am new to skis.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    no codes on a carbed ski

check the water temp sensor connection and the stator cover connection on the side of the CDI

Thread Information