Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Not sure about my dealer winterization process

Hi there, just went to my dealer to get my rxp ready for winter.

They did 4 things

- put some stabilizer in the fuel tank

- spray the engine compartement with sea-doo lube

- put anti-freeze in the lines (i'm not sure about this one as to where they actually put the anti-freeze)

- remove the drain plugs in the back

are they missing something or is that all they need to do?

thanks
    Last edited by mickey78; 10-03-2006 at 06:06 PM.

+1
    You want to change the oil and filter before storing.

Do I have to do it even if I only did 13h since my last oil/filter change 5 months ago??

Quote Originally Posted by mickey78 View Post
    Do I have to do it even if I only did 13h since my last oil/filter change 5 months ago??

YES!!

Oh sh**... so how bad is it not to do it? Cause I already picked it up and going back there is a long ride. And I dont think I can do this myself, I dont have neither the time and the knowledge... I am still thinking dealer shouldbe the one telling me this, not you... argh! Why arent they telling customer to do it before winter ??

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    dont worry about the oil, it wont make or break your ski... do it in the spring time before you use it... so make ur winter project buying an oil pump siphon like the Tempo Oil Boy.

removed the spark plugs? put the plugs back in there, or did he change the spark plugs u meant to say??

everything else sounds good... now that u see how short the list is to winterize it, u'll know that ur perfectly capable of doing it urself next time... just ask and we'll walk u thru it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    dont worry about the oil, it wont make or break your ski... do it in the spring time before you use it... so make ur winter project buying an oil pump siphon like the Tempo Oil Boy.

removed the spark plugs? put the plugs back in there, or did he change the spark plugs u meant to say??

everything else sounds good... now that u see how short the list is to winterize it, u'll know that ur perfectly capable of doing it urself next time... just ask and we'll walk u thru it.
    What! change the oil before you park it for the winter regardless how little time on the oil. Acids and condensation will play hell on your seals, and alum parts, just do it, cheap insurance. The dealer shouyld have done this...Then when your ready to fire it up next season, run it, warm it up, and change the oil again, condensation will mix with the oil from the temperature changes over the cold seasons, depending on where you live...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    What! change the oil before you park it for the winter regardless how little time on the oil. Acids and condensation will play hell on your seals, and alum parts, just do it, cheap insurance. The dealer shouyld have done this...Then when your ready to fire it up next season, run it, warm it up, and change the oil again, condensation will mix with the oil from the temperature changes over the cold seasons, depending on where you live...PR...
    So, maybe fill it up in the fall with Castrol or cheap oil 10w-40 for sit up over the winter, then warm it up in the spring and do an oil change with good oil before spring riding?

About the plugs, i made a typo, i was talking about the drain plugs in the back, he said to keep them open for winter, i have no idea why. I still dont know where he is inserting anti-freeze? I would love to do it myself next winter, because fuel stabilizer and lube is an easy thing. About the oil, im now more worried... I dont feel like bringing it back to dealer and i dont have the necessary tools to do it myself. Thanks

I agree with PR & lafjax, change the oil and put some cheap stuff for storage. Then change in the spring.

Cheap insurance.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information