Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Every adventure comes to an end........ Not Today! wreckingball's Avatar
    +1

Question Vinyl or Carbon Fiber seat cover?????

My seat is faded from previous owner leaving the ski in the sun and without a cover. I want to replace my seat cover, but I don't know what the difference would be in comfort when you compare the Vinyl to the Carbon Fiber seat cover.

Opinions?

+1
    Anyone?

generally people go with the medium slip (assuming you are ordering from Jettrim or Hydroturf) but you can call them and order a couple swatches to compare the difference if you want, but when I did that it took a week or so to get them shipped to me.

+1
    I was actually looking at the one from BlackTip that you can order through pwconlinesuperstore.com because it was only $125. And price is a factor when I really shouldn't be spending any extra money (need to save for a motor for my GTX).

How about comfort? Medium grip is good, but I am mostly concerned about the way the seat feels and how long the seat will last under normal conditions. Like will vinal rip easier? does the CF covers not look as good as the vinal?

+1
    I'm assuming you're lookiong at the Hydroturf covers since Jettrim doesn't offer a CF pattern material. I have one of their covers on my SHO & would suggest using the vinyl on the part of the seat where your ass will be & use the CF for trim pieces. Reason being is the vinyl is a softer material & is more grippy. Both materials are comfortable & I've never had any issues with being rubbed raw on long rides. I do however prefer the med-slip material that Jettrim offers for better grip...never tried HT's non-slip material. I have Jettrim med-slip covers on my GPR seats & they are WAY more grippy than the HT cover on my SHO but they tend to rub me raw a little if I don't wear long board shorts. As mentioned above, they are willing to send you fabric samples to helkp with your decision.

Both companies' covers are high quality & have held up well for me. Another brand to consider is MLine...never seen one myself but a lot of guys like them.

Here's a pic of the HT black vinyl/silver CF cover on my SHO:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 003.jpg 
Views:	476 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	203581   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	random%20002.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	203582  

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball View Post
    I was actually looking at the one from BlackTip that you can order through pwconlinesuperstore.com because it was only $125. And price is a factor when I really shouldn't be spending any extra money (need to save for a motor for my GTX).

How about comfort? Medium grip is good, but I am mostly concerned about the way the seat feels and how long the seat will last under normal conditions. Like will vinal rip easier? does the CF covers not look as good as the vinal?
    I have never heard of that brand for a seat cover...

And jettrim does actually offer CF swatches mjh =)

+1
    I'd stay away from those generic brand covers. The Hydroturf covers are only $130 & they'll give you a discount if you tell them you're a greenhulk or PWCtoday member(15% I believe), & you can customize it with whatever colors or materials you want when ordering from their site.
    http://hydroturf.com
    Jettrim covers can be ordered from the online store for $169.95 & you get a 10% discount with the "greenhulk" coupon code.
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...ex&cPath=16_48

+1
    Jet trim has 16 GPR covers in there "yard sale" section for ~$130 http://www.jettrim.com/yardsale/yamahacovers.php

Quote Originally Posted by steach View Post
    Jet trim has 16 GPR covers in there "yard sale" section for ~$130 http://www.jettrim.com/yardsale/yamahacovers.php
    They would go cheaper for GH members on yard sale stuff. Just call.

Just go to the Jet trim site and see the patterns they have listed for each seat. I have suede for where i sit and the sides and rear are Carbon weave. I love how the Carbon came out and have no complaints about the seat covers. It's not abrasive at all and very comfortable. The non-slip will eay your skin up and medium slip will be more forgving. Give them a call and they will work with what you want!

I will try to get pics of both my seats.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information