Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My 03 Matrix

+1

My Other 03 Matrix

Well she was laying down and as usual it wound up being plugged filters in the ole' Keihins.
    Anybody know what that damn white looking crap actually is??
    It looks like fiberglass cloth unraveled.
    I decided to change the fuel line and broke the return line nipple off the sending unit while cutting the otiker clamp.
    Anybody have a crapy or bad sending unit they'll sell the pick up from?
    I just need the sectiion that pulls out of the sender where the fuel and return lines attach.

I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    Well she was laying down and as usual it wound up being plugged filters in the ole' Keihins.
    Anybody know what that damn white looking crap actually is??
    It looks like fiberglass cloth unraveled.
    I have read and been told that it is from the plastic or fiberglass fuel tanks at the station ...ethonal in the fuel is able to leached these left over tank production 'hairs' from the sides of the tanks were gas does not ... I'm running a Sea Doo fuel filter now in Casper as I was told they do not allow the strands to work the filters

+1
    Interesting, they drive me crazy. What's odd is I never find them in Conrad's SLTX or his Hurricane (standard fuel) so always tended to think it had something to do with the race fuel.I just put a new Polaris filter and hoses in it so I might try the Doo units next time around.Although does that mean the Doo filters catch the "strings" and will the engine just lay down as it does when the filters are plugged in the carbs? Real nice indicator that I'd hate to give up...

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    did that particular batch of gas come from a different source???and could it have been in there before you aquired the ski??

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Al,you need just the nipple that fits into the grommet? Post a pix if you can,I may have a extra from the 150 sender top left over,I think they may be the same.

+1
    Is it possible that the fibers are the filter itself? I know that C-12 reacts different than regular gas on some plastics and rubber products.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    did that particular batch of gas come from a different source???and could it have been in there before you aquired the ski??
    I've run several tanks through the unit already, I'm starting to think maybe it's my white fuel can?? It's the only common denominator between all my ski's. I use VP or Sunuco and it's the same looking stuff in all carb's for the past few years.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post
    Al,you need just the nipple that fits into the grommet? Post a pix if you can,I may have a extra from the 150 sender top left over,I think they may be the same.
    Here's a photo of what I broke. As you can see I took the part I needed out of my only spare Matrix sending unit so I would sure like to replace it if you have it. I'll tell you, changing the nipple section was sure bettter than removing the steering to replace the entire sender unit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuel connector.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	203429  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Is it possible that the fibers are the filter itself? I know that C-12 reacts different than regular gas on some plastics and rubber products.
    I very rarely run C-12 and this stuff is in my other non C-12 boats as well. I'm really starting to think my fuel/oil mixing can is falling apart.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    I've run several tanks through the unit already, I'm starting to think maybe it's my white fuel can?? It's the only common denominator between all my ski's. I use VP or Sunuco and it's the same looking stuff in all carb's for the past few years.
    Last year when I asked an old guy at the race track if they would sell me racing fuel to use in a boat. He was pretty specific,he would only pump it into a Red fuel can. I wondered what the difference would be.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information