Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2010 rxpx 1 hr on it and it rattles/ white smoke out the back! help!!

Well I have 1 damn hour on my xp and something has already happened. Had it out yesterday and not one thing was wrong. I havent beaten on it, nor taken it past 35 mphs. I went to take it out today and when i gave it gas the rpms would go ,but would go half the speed. I let it sit for 30 mins started it up again and white smoke is coming out the back. I have no idea what could be wrong, I tried checking all the hoses and everything seemed it was on tight. Any suggestions? I really dont want to load it back on the trailer and haul it back to the damn dealership when I was just there on saturday!!! Please help me out

Banned User
    +1
    white smoke or steam? steam is normal. did it smell like burning oil or anything? you dont have the "learner key" in do ya?

Alright well I think the white smoke is just from the hot exhaust(I hope) ,but I feel like its the SC hose. The rpms are there, the idle is normal and NO codes are going off. When I go to accelerate it just vibrates/rattles like HELL. Opinions?

+1
    If its on a trailer, crawl under it with a flashlight and see if the boot is messed up that attaches to the impeller or sucked something up. Recheck your SCer hoses good. Its pretty hard to see down into that mess, but you are going to have to take a good look. Maybe even remove the hoses and clean and reclamp them.

Its on my hydrohoist now in the water. I leaned over and stuck my hand around the impeller to feel anything and i got nothing. Its hard to pinpoint where the noise is coming from but its for sure in the rear most likely in the rear of the seat cause i can feel the vibration on the seat. I dont know exactly which ones are the SC hoses ,but from what I could tell I didnt see any hoses lose

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman3 View Post
    Its on my hydrohoist now in the water. I leaned over and stuck my hand around the impeller to feel anything and i got nothing. Its hard to pinpoint where the noise is coming from but its for sure in the rear most likely in the rear of the seat cause i can feel the vibration on the seat. I dont know exactly which ones are the SC hoses ,but from what I could tell I didnt see any hoses lose
    Really sounds like you have something in your pump or atleast did. May have fallen out on its own when hoisted or is stuck on the prop.

+1
    The hose may not pop all the way off. It may just slip half off. I don't think you reach up that far with your hand, you are going to need to look up in there. Also, maybe check the pump bolts are tight.

Damn, well unforantley im going away for the weekend until monday. For my first ski, I'm not having much luck. The boat slip is a good bit away for me to throw it up on my trailer ,but it looks like I dont have a choice. Maybe I can get some luck with someone local willing to take a look at it for me. I really don't know what I could have sucked up since I dont recall anything, Im guessing a strainer would be a good investment?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    white smoke or steam? steam is normal. did it smell like burning oil or anything? you dont have the "learner key" in do ya?
    I was trying to figure it out if it was steam or white smoke ,but I could not smell anything. When I drove it for the first time on sunday I did not see any "steam" or "white smoke" and no I didnt have the learner key in.

Only time I can think I could have gotten something sucked up was when I was near my cove where the sand is ,but the water is crystal clear and no sticks etc.. As i recall I didnt get on it due to the fact I was in shallow water and was just at idle

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information