+1

sank FX HO, trying to flush oil.....

the ski sank from a leak somewhere in the hull

i have flushed the oil about 10 times now. 2 quarts at a time, run for 10-15 secs and suck it out.

being that it is dry symp, oil cooler, etc.... can i expect to get the oil clean with all the hoses and tanks that it has? or should i go ahead and pull the motor and pull the covers and clean it out?

never had a ho full of water. on boats they use to run a kerosene oil mix to flush out a flooded engine. you need to fix it fast before rust sets in. i would not pull the engine unless you realy have to. if you do pull the engine you can remove the oil cooler and exhaust in the hull and just lift out the engine with a lift. let me know what you have to do to flush the engine. where is the leak? there is a hose update that the dealer can do under warranty. they are replacing the hoses on the rt side of the engine. apparently the hoses can leak and sink a boat. Yamaha is pretty good on warranty if its a ligit claim. the hose replacement is on 07s i know as i have one that just got the hoses replaced. hope this helps

R

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TennR600 View Post
    there is a hose update that the dealer can do under warranty. they are replacing the hoses on the rt side of the engine. apparently the hoses can leak and sink a boat. Yamaha is pretty good on warranty if its a ligit claim. the hose replacement is on 07s i know as i have one that just got the hoses replaced.
    Do Tell!!! Where can i find more info on this?

+1
    just found this..... http://www.pwctoday.com/f125/07-fxho...ll-257223.html

I was able to pull off by hand the 5th hose that goes from the water manifold to the bottom of the engine, hopefully that's the problem. No way that clamp is strong enough.

i'll call the dealer in the A.M.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TJBrad04 View Post
    just found this..... http://www.pwctoday.com/f125/07-fxho...ll-257223.html

I was able to pull off by hand the 5th hose that goes from the water manifold to the bottom of the engine, hopefully that's the problem. No way that clamp is strong enough.

i'll call the dealer in the A.M.
    As you will have seen on that thread Yamaha UK have treated this issue as a recall, with all owners affected recieving a letter asking for the ski to be taken to a dealer for the updated hose kit to be fitted.
    Unfortunately Yamaha in the US are treating it as a code 90, meaning that a lot of skis will not have the required work carried out, for what is potentially a very serious issue.

I would keep changing oil untill all traces of water have gone & you should be OK.

___________the hose replacement is on 07s____________ ???

What about earlier models? 05, 06?? What was different about the 07 model that it is specified? Also, what about the VX model that uses the same basic block?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    ___________the hose replacement is on 07s____________ ???

What about earlier models? 05, 06?? What was different about the 07 model that it is specified? Also, what about the VX model that uses the same basic block?
    It affects 06 through 08, you need to get a dealer to check your VIN number.

VX has a different hose arrangement & is not affected by this recall / code 90 bulletin.

Glad you found the hose issue and hopefully found the water leak. When you get the engine oil looking decent run the engine for a while (low rpm and easy use)the heat from the engine will evaporate off the water. then change it out and you should be ok. call your Yamaha dealer and ask if yamaha will help you with the water in the engine problem since it most likley was caused by a faulty clamp. they migh listen to ya.

good luck,

Roy

Thread Information