Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Need advice , please.

Hello everyone ,

I'm having problems with what direction to go with my ski. I did have no heart set on MoTeC now I'm looking at R2.

With my setup (Below) I'm sick of 77mph , and sick of my Std ECU/boost limiter cutting in all the time.

Motec $3650 + $80 fit AUD
    R2 $ 749.95 USD Fuel Reg $495.00 USD

As you can see there is a big difference in price........

I want to use the full boost range of the E1 as I'm looking at speeds of 82+mph.

What would you do if your in my stinking shoe's?????

I also have done some searching on this topic , but I could only find R2 with B1 or R2 with stock wheel/stock I/C......ETC
    Last edited by RichieFZR; 06-30-2010 at 07:24 PM. Reason: E1

+1
    If i was in your shoes i would go with motec, save the cash up.
    Motec lets you play around with all the tuning side of things, so you can get the maximum out of the ski, and it gives you a big hp boost. But the money is well worth it because if you get another ski you can swap it into that ski and not have to spend the money for another r2 reflash.

Thats my thoughts

Nick..

+1
    I'll only be sell my ski if another model comes out with a bigger motor, which I don't see yamaha doing for awhile. So that side of things is not a worry for me. Just the tuning side , I'm not a tuner where I see they are getting great speeds with R2 & B1 setup.

Anyone with an FZR E1 R2 setup??? if so what speeds are you hitting??

+1

Thumbs up Riva vipec

Hi there Richie,

I have to be honest. I have a good friend that has an FZR R-2 E-1, fuel pressure regulator, RIVA inter cooler and he is sitting at 76 right now. Me on the other hand I'm using the RIVA VIPEC and I'm running 80 all day long even with the terrible heat we are experiencing here in south Florida. Having said that I want to tell you that RIVA has an extremely good programmer his name is Robert Crain and he has done all kinds of Maps/tunning programs to many of my friends. All you need is a lap top computer with a USB port and an E-Mail account and you just E-Mail RIVA your configuration and what you are looking to get out of your ski and RIVA will write the programs for you. To me you can't beat RIVA'S support flexibility. I know the guys at RIVA very well and have done several projects working very close and I can only say good things about them.

Just take the dam plunge, You won't regret it.

Take care, Julio...

Hey Richie,
    Get the Motec mate. Wish I done it earlier in summer.
    I ust picked my ski up from Watsons yesterday, and we put it into the Logan river, and wow,wow,wow.
    Its a whole new ball game now mate.
    The power is insane, but on the other hand its so refined, controllable, hard to explain. Just pure bliss.
    I had stage one kit fitted and put in a low boost wheel before and although good and fast, was all over the limiter and not enjoyable to ride, now with the Motec its way faster, acceleration is undiscriable to before and the weird thing just so refined.
    When I got home last night pluged in the laptop, saw revs peaked at 8420 and boost was at 13 psi with strock intercooler, engine temps perfect,how cool is that after each ride.
    Not sure what its running, but its all over the limiter and has to be in the high 70's, Gary Watson is going to put another degree of pitch in the prop to get it of the limiter and change the ride plate from stock and 80 should be here. Thats all I am after with the low boost wheel ans stock fuel injection system. It will keep long term reliability.

I was tossing up as well but when you see what the Motec can do its a no brainer mate. After I ran the ski yesterday,I got home pluged in my laptop, down loaded a file, emailed it to Gary he told me everything was fine and now with a stroke of one setting (under Gary's advise) I can now retard my timing back 3 degrees to run the ski on 95 so it will drop 400rpm to get of the limiter till I get the prop done, then I can advance it 3 degrees t run on 98. All this is easy with the supplied software and a laptop with the special cable (extra 225) from home. I will do this each time I take the ski upto somerset dam as they don't have 98 fuel up there.

After spending a couple of hours with Gary I now am a dedicated Motec lover,I can see why its so addictive.
    You don't have to be a engine tuner, leave that upto Gary when he fits the Motec and sets it upto your Mods witha set and forget Map.
    I am running 2 maps with mine, one low power which runs like astock SHO so when my wife or kids are on it and when I jump on it I flick a switch to high power mode.
    Your welcome to catch up sometime and see, I am a complete novice but already have started to down load data, see things and change timing to suit all under Gary's advise, but you can also set and forget if you want and only need to retune if you make more mods in the future.
    Get the Motec and don't look back mate.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by abracadabra View Post
    Hi there Richie,

I have to be honest. I have a good friend that has an FZR R-2 E-1, fuel pressure regulator, RIVA inter cooler and he is sitting at 76 right now. Me on the other hand I'm using the RIVA VIPEC and I'm running 80 all day long even with the terrible heat we are experiencing here in south Florida. Having said that I want to tell you that RIVA has an extremely good programmer his name is Robert Crain and he has done all kinds of Maps/tunning programs to many of my friends. All you need is a lap top computer with a USB port and an E-Mail account and you just E-Mail RIVA your configuration and what you are looking to get out of your ski and RIVA will write the programs for you. To me you can't beat RIVA'S support flexibility. I know the guys at RIVA very well and have done several projects working very close and I can only say good things about them.

Just take the dam plunge, You won't regret it.

Take care, Julio...
    I'm sitting on 77 with Stock ECU and Stock Boost limiter....

I know I wont regret it Julio , its just a big jump in the wallet when I'm also building a V8 Turbo drag car.......lol

Any feed back from the Reflash boyz????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by coldspace View Post
    Hey Richie,
    Get the Motec mate. Wish I done it earlier in summer.
    I ust picked my ski up from Watsons yesterday, and we put it into the Logan river, and wow,wow,wow.
    Its a whole new ball game now mate.
    The power is insane, but on the other hand its so refined, controllable, hard to explain. Just pure bliss.
    I had stage one kit fitted and put in a low boost wheel before and although good and fast, was all over the limiter and not enjoyable to ride, now with the Motec its way faster, acceleration is undiscriable to before and the weird thing just so refined.
    When I got home last night pluged in the laptop, saw revs peaked at 8420 and boost was at 13 psi with strock intercooler, engine temps perfect,how cool is that after each ride.
    Not sure what its running, but its all over the limiter and has to be in the high 70's, Gary Watson is going to put another degree of pitch in the prop to get it of the limiter and change the ride plate from stock and 80 should be here. Thats all I am after with the low boost wheel ans stock fuel injection system. It will keep long term reliability.

I was tossing up as well but when you see what the Motec can do its a no brainer mate. After I ran the ski yesterday,I got home pluged in my laptop, down loaded a file, emailed it to Gary he told me everything was fine and now with a stroke of one setting (under Gary's advise) I can now retard my timing back 3 degrees to run the ski on 95 so it will drop 400rpm to get of the limiter till I get the prop done, then I can advance it 3 degrees t run on 98. All this is easy with the supplied software and a laptop with the special cable (extra 225) from home. I will do this each time I take the ski upto somerset dam as they don't have 98 fuel up there.

After spending a couple of hours with Gary I now am a dedicated Motec lover,I can see why its so addictive.
    You don't have to be a engine tuner, leave that upto Gary when he fits the Motec and sets it upto your Mods witha set and forget Map.
    I am running 2 maps with mine, one low power which runs like astock SHO so when my wife or kids are on it and when I jump on it I flick a switch to high power mode.
    Your welcome to catch up sometime and see, I am a complete novice but already have started to down load data, see things and change timing to suit all under Gary's advise, but you can also set and forget if you want and only need to retune if you make more mods in the future.
    Get the Motec and don't look back mate.

Hey Coldspace!

It would be good to have someone to chat about motec and help out too.

We need to catch up on the water , coz my ski is now doing my head inn. I raced my mate FX SHO (The one in my video's) I smashed him by 6 ski's the other day out. I worked out a way to keep it off the boost over right mode in the ecu. Basic thing it just let off the throttle and bleed boost out of the BOV. It worked , but i don't think its too good for the S/C clutch at such a high RPM.

I Just want to hold it WOT with out the ECU cutting all my power..........!!

Don't ride like that mate,you have bought a 20K+ ski plus probally dropped 4K worth of mods in, get the Motec and you will be in love.
    If I started again, I would not have spent 4 K on mds first, I would have just plugged in a Motec to a standard FZS no other mods, and ran with the standard yamaha map and then the ski would have flogged any other ski with those stage 1 mods and standard ECU, you can then just add bolt ons from there.
    My ski runs like a freight train from before, well worth the money.
    The R2 will probally be good from all acounts, the Vipec as well, but when you have one of the best Motec tuners in the world 1 hr away from you then tahts what I would be doing.
    Anyway,PM me when you want to organse to meet up mate.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieFZR View Post
    Hello everyone ,

I'm having problems with what direction to go with my ski. I did have no heart set on MoTeC now I'm looking at R2.

With my setup (Below) I'm sick of 77mph , and sick of my Std ECU/boost limiter cutting in all the time.

Motec $3650 + $80 fit AUD
    R2 $ 749.95 USD Fuel Reg $495.00 USD

As you can see there is a big difference in price........

I want to use the full boost range of the E1 as I'm looking at speeds of 82+mph.

What would you do if your in my stinking shoe's?????

I also have done some searching on this topic , but I could only find R2 with B1 or R2 with stock wheel/stock I/C......ETC
    get the r2,we did r2 & b1 http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...y-with-results

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by leo View Post
    Leo , that thread got me thinking...... lol

Any results with an E1???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information