Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

08 GP1300 has bad low end bog

My GP has a pretty bad bog low end when you first hit the throttle, once the rpm's are up it's fine, it runs great other than the bog down low. I have d-plate, riva free flow, holeshot kit, air filter, and running pre-mix 40:1 with klotz. Would a fuel controller help solve this problem, by changing some EFI settings

+1
    you know i was out today and i developed the same thing, and were running the exact same set up. except im a 03 PV 1300R. i think i'm going to go to 32:1

+1
    i just realized my first tank was 32:1 and no problems my 2nd tank was 40:1 and i got the low end bog i just pulled my plugs i was deff running too lean my plugs are really really dry! I’m sure once we switch back to 32:1 the bog should clear out. anyone else have any ideas?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by banshee350racer View Post
    you know i was out today and i developed the same thing, and were running the exact same set up. except im a 03 PV 1300R. i think i'm going to go to 32:1
    I have tried several oil ratios on the EFIs and I wouldnt go more oil than 40:1

I have also seen a few of the later models develop the same problem with these minumim mods, and usually a controller fixes them.

+1
    running that 40:1 i noticed a rattle from the front piston it has never done that before and i just switched to PRE mix last night. Keep it the same WFO even if my plugs are really Really dry ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 99will273 View Post
    My GP has a pretty bad bog low end when you first hit the throttle, once the rpm's are up it's fine, it runs great other than the bog down low. I have d-plate, riva free flow, holeshot kit, air filter, and running pre-mix 40:1 with klotz. Would a fuel controller help solve this problem, by changing some EFI settings
    I would guess you may be running too much of a free-flowing exhaust. When did the bog start? Have you run the ski for a while with the current set-up? What's changed?
    It is a 'cause & effect'. Something's changed, just have to figure out what.

Quote Originally Posted by banshee350racer View Post
    Mines doing the same thing. I have an 03 too but Im still using oil injection.

+1
    Well if we’re all having the same problems it’s not the oil. It can’t be the PV system because the 08's don’t have them. I don’t get why it was running fine then it changed after 2 tanks of gas 4-6 hours or riding. I ran mine all last weekend using oil injection no bog and now it changed? Unless it has to do with the waterbox filling up with water “Jet works needed” but that wouldn’t make sense. At least with mine i could come down from WOT and it still would bog. And sometimes from holeshot it would not bog. The only thing left it the EFI system maybe developed a bad fuel curve? Maybe it is really time for an EFI controller thats the only thing left i can think of

+1
    free flow
    race filter
    D plate

With the added volume of air and the extra speed of the air through the motor, it will cause a lean condition. I have an 07' that did that, a TPS adjustment might solve it but you might need a controller to be safe.

+1
    Just like Woddy said, an idle or just off idle stumble is usualy from a lean condition.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information