Thread: x-ecu

+1

x-ecu

I know this question has probably been answered 100 times but I can't find it with the new search format......I have an 06 rxp " mods are in sig"..I will soon be running an x- charger, 42's and a 15/22r solas. I want to run an x-ecu with this setup...is there anything else that I need to be aware of or is it as simple as having the dealer activate the x-ecu for my ski?....thanks in advance...Damon

+1
    I don't think the X ecu will work since it's made for skis 08 and up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    I don't think the X ecu will work since it's made for skis 08 and up.
    ....that sucks......I could almost swear I've seen other guys on the forums run an x-ecu on an 07 an older ski.......anyone else have any input on this subject?

+1
    I'm running an 08 X-ECU in my 07 speedster. I'm getting alot of Check engine codes... mainly for VTS (which I don't have).

Besides VTS i'm getting a fuel level sensor error and a water temp sensor error. So my gas gauge doesn't work and the temp sensor doesn't work.

I believe a trip to a BUDS expert would clear all this up.

Other then that the boat is running great. I think I actually gained some fuel efficiency because the X-ECU is mapped for 42lbs injectors. With the 07 ECU I was probably running a bit rich in the low & mid range.

You may not have the same problems as I've had because you have a ski... but the boats are a bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyoung View Post
    I know this question has probably been answered 100 times but I can't find it with the new search format......I have an 06 rxp " mods are in sig"..I will soon be running an x- charger, 42's and a 15/22r solas. I want to run an x-ecu with this setup...is there anything else that I need to be aware of or is it as simple as having the dealer activate the x-ecu for my ski?....thanks in advance...Damon
    The X-Ecu will not work on you'r 06 unless you swap out the wiring harness to a 07,I would just run the 06 ECU with the 42's

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheElite0ne View Post
    I'm running an 08 X-ECU in my 07 speedster. I'm getting alot of Check engine codes... mainly for VTS (which I don't have).

Besides VTS i'm getting a fuel level sensor error and a water temp sensor error. So my gas gauge doesn't work and the temp sensor doesn't work.

I believe a trip to a BUDS expert would clear all this up.

Other then that the boat is running great. I think I actually gained some fuel efficiency because the X-ECU is mapped for 42lbs injectors. With the 07 ECU I was probably running a bit rich in the low & mid range.

You may not have the same problems as I've had because you have a ski... but the boats are a bit different.

other than the codes that it's throwing is everything else is good?....did you notice any significant performance changes?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP6 View Post
    The X-Ecu will not work on you'r 06 unless you swap out the wiring harness to a 07,I would just run the 06 ECU with the 42's
    yeah looks like thats what i'm going to have to do...I have a rude fuel controller to get the afr right....I just keep trying to think of ways I can get around having to tune this thing everytime the seasons change....I really like just being able to hop on the ski and go...

+1
    I told you what to get bro! Lol messing with ya

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    I told you what to get bro! Lol messing with ya
    Can i borrow 1500 dollars....lol

Thread Information