Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: x-ecu

  1. #1
    Huh? Dyoung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pt. Neches , Texas
    Posts
    1,021
    +1
    25

    x-ecu

    I know this question has probably been answered 100 times but I can't find it with the new search format......I have an 06 rxp " mods are in sig"..I will soon be running an x- charger, 42's and a 15/22r solas. I want to run an x-ecu with this setup...is there anything else that I need to be aware of or is it as simple as having the dealer activate the x-ecu for my ski?....thanks in advance...Damon


  2. #2
    Orlando Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    2,419
    +1
    10
    I don't think the X ecu will work since it's made for skis 08 and up.

  3. #3
    Huh? Dyoung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pt. Neches , Texas
    Posts
    1,021
    +1
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    I don't think the X ecu will work since it's made for skis 08 and up.
    ....that sucks......I could almost swear I've seen other guys on the forums run an x-ecu on an 07 an older ski.......anyone else have any input on this subject?

  4. #4
    TheElite0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    383
    +1
    20
    I'm running an 08 X-ECU in my 07 speedster. I'm getting alot of Check engine codes... mainly for VTS (which I don't have).

    Besides VTS i'm getting a fuel level sensor error and a water temp sensor error. So my gas gauge doesn't work and the temp sensor doesn't work.

    I believe a trip to a BUDS expert would clear all this up.

    Other then that the boat is running great. I think I actually gained some fuel efficiency because the X-ECU is mapped for 42lbs injectors. With the 07 ECU I was probably running a bit rich in the low & mid range.

    You may not have the same problems as I've had because you have a ski... but the boats are a bit different.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyoung View Post
    I know this question has probably been answered 100 times but I can't find it with the new search format......I have an 06 rxp " mods are in sig"..I will soon be running an x- charger, 42's and a 15/22r solas. I want to run an x-ecu with this setup...is there anything else that I need to be aware of or is it as simple as having the dealer activate the x-ecu for my ski?....thanks in advance...Damon
    The X-Ecu will not work on you'r 06 unless you swap out the wiring harness to a 07,I would just run the 06 ECU with the 42's

  6. #6
    Huh? Dyoung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pt. Neches , Texas
    Posts
    1,021
    +1
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by TheElite0ne View Post
    I'm running an 08 X-ECU in my 07 speedster. I'm getting alot of Check engine codes... mainly for VTS (which I don't have).

    Besides VTS i'm getting a fuel level sensor error and a water temp sensor error. So my gas gauge doesn't work and the temp sensor doesn't work.

    I believe a trip to a BUDS expert would clear all this up.

    Other then that the boat is running great. I think I actually gained some fuel efficiency because the X-ECU is mapped for 42lbs injectors. With the 07 ECU I was probably running a bit rich in the low & mid range.

    You may not have the same problems as I've had because you have a ski... but the boats are a bit different.

    other than the codes that it's throwing is everything else is good?....did you notice any significant performance changes?

  7. #7
    Huh? Dyoung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pt. Neches , Texas
    Posts
    1,021
    +1
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP6 View Post
    The X-Ecu will not work on you'r 06 unless you swap out the wiring harness to a 07,I would just run the 06 ECU with the 42's
    yeah looks like thats what i'm going to have to do...I have a rude fuel controller to get the afr right....I just keep trying to think of ways I can get around having to tune this thing everytime the seasons change....I really like just being able to hop on the ski and go...

  8. #8
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    I told you what to get bro! Lol messing with ya

  9. #9
    Huh? Dyoung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pt. Neches , Texas
    Posts
    1,021
    +1
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    I told you what to get bro! Lol messing with ya
    Can i borrow 1500 dollars....lol

  10. #10

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How To: Install RR ECU after the knock sensor update 04 RXP
    By Green Hulk in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-14-2008, 12:13 PM
  2. Can you run the IC with the stock ECU
    By Jrsrxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-16-2005, 08:00 AM
  3. ECU choices??
    By Vern in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-17-2005, 02:09 PM
  4. re program stock ecu
    By INDY27 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-09-2005, 12:48 PM
  5. Is anyone going to try the new ECU??? I may, My options
    By Jrsrxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-05-2005, 09:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •