04 RXP Question about a (Sensor) light coming on display at start up?

Hello to all,
    I need some help please I have a (sensor) light that flashes on my display when I first turn on the motor. Also the (VTS) or as I call it the electronic trim control/adjust button is not working or displaying anything on the Display screen which normally it is in the right corner. I am guessing here that the Sensor light that is flashing on my display at motor start up is related to the VTS Trim control not working am I correct? 2nd Question here is do you know how can get or view a repair manual (similar to the Haynes manual) for my 04 RXP motor that way I can replace/locate the sensor myself. Please advise me as I need help and also if anyone on here knows a good mechanic they recommend for me to use for my ski I am in the zip code 23117. Thanks in advance for your help as I am sure someone on here knows the answer and had a similar problem with their ski.
    Dave

i have the same problem, put the key in and hit the set button 5 times if a code comes out 1517 or 1715 then you have same problem as me its the compass out of range, we dont have a compass so we have to hook it up to the buds system and deactivate it, that is suppose to fix are problem

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stevorxp007 View Post
    i have the same problem, put the key in and hit the set button 5 times if a code comes out 1517 or 1715 then you have same problem as me its the compass out of range, we dont have a compass so we have to hook it up to the buds system and deactivate it, that is suppose to fix are problem
    +1

Hello stevorxp007,
    Thanks 1st and foremost for answering back wow that was quick. Okay I will do that test you said on my next day off. My question for you is even if that is the case why would this problem make the VTS trim adjust stop working? Do you know where I can get a buds system tool from? When did this happen to you how many hours? After hooking your buds up did this then fix the problem of the VTS trim adjust not working so it worked again? Please advise thanks for your help.

Turbo Doo's from Down Under one1one's Avatar
    Either the VTS module has failed or ECU has had a small issue from low voltage.

I would bet that if u plug into BUDS the "VTS" option is not checked.

Thanks for answering back,
    I guess I have to take it to the stealer and get them to hook buds up that sucks we can't buy and do buds ourselves hah.
    Well since you knew the answer to that one do you know why I would drop/loose RPM'S I only get up to 7700 now and it used to be more. I think I had the (knock sensor update) done a while ago. Not sure when they did the update if they installed the (knock sensor piggy back adapter part number 278002050). Please let me know if you think this is the problem or what is might be if you know thanks. The ski is 04 rxp stock.
    Dave

Turbo Doo's from Down Under one1one's Avatar
    If you instal the updated software without the adaptor it will be slow.

Okay let me be more specific for you.... They installed update a while ago 06 or 07 (NOTE I am not sure if they did the pig tail and update or 1 or the other?). However there was no problems with my ski and RPM'S for a great while until now. Recently it lost 2-3 mph and I noticed the RPM'S were topping off at 77-7800. So either it just started doing this now and this is a separate problem (like SC going bad or something) or I did not notice the change until now 3 years later. I think the latter of the 2 choices is correct. I would have remembered if the ski got slower and I just noticed it now this year. Please advise me as to what this could be happening from what you think? The same problem or related to pigtail and update or something entirely new? Is there a way I can test/know if its the pigtail problem or something new? Thanks for your help.
    Dave

Thread Information