Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Yamaha FZS With Seadoo Pump - Questions on Liner

Whats up guys! First time posting on this side but I have always read what you guys have going on. I have a FZS and just put on a seadoo pump. So far I love it and it makes a huge difference. I do have a quick question that I'm sure you guys will be able to shed some light on this topic. Which liner do I go with, plastic or stainless steel? The pump has a plastic liner in it now. What are the pros and cons of each liner? Thanks in advance!

+1
    plastic wear ring takes the hit if you suck something up. your impeller takes the hit if you go with a stainless wear ring. 100$ vs 350$.

+1
    Plastic is better IMO. The SD pump wobbles a bit and will wear out the prop with the SS liner.

If you ride in mostly clean water you should be able to get 60+ hrs out of an OEM plastic liner.

Also, don't go with the aftermarket plastic ones either, stay OEM.

+1
    Thank you! I appreciate your help.

QUICK QUESTION: How the hell you fitted the seadoo pump on your FZS???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPT400 View Post
    QUICK QUESTION: How the hell you fitted the seadoo pump on your FZS???
    JD1 was having adapters made and the shafts can be bought from Ted in Arizona.

Contact Ted Thompson at 602-418-2109

Why did you put the seadoo pump on? i'm curious. I don't know much about the FZS.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by captblue1 View Post
    Why did you put the seadoo pump on? i'm curious. I don't know much about the FZS.
    The yamaha pump suffers from really bad cavitation when the engine is modified, the seadoo pump is a better design as far as preventing cavi so people use an adaptor and a new driveshaft so that they can run the SD pump.

Obviosly you could buy a skat pump but at first these were not availible and they are very expensive.

Another downside to the aftermarket pumps is that they tend to be slower topend which for most people is there reason for modding, so its better for speed and better for your pocket to run the SD pump with an adaptor.

R88

+1
    They answered it perfectly! So far I have noticed a huge difference between the yammi pump and the seadoo pump. The yamaha pump is junk once you start modding.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by masta2000 View Post
    plastic wear ring takes the hit if you suck something up. your impeller takes the hit if you go with a stainless wear ring. 100$ vs 350$.

Not necessarily true. If you suck up something big enough to cause damage to your impeller it's going to happen regardless with either a plastic, or stainless wear ring. The only difference is your stainless wear ring is still good, your plastic one will need to be replaced.

Suck up the tiniest twig or piece of debris then kiss your performance goodbye and look forward to changing your plastic wear ring again.

The plastic wear ring wears from the first hour you run your ski and get's progressively worse and as they get worse your performance drops off. The more hard hole shots you do the faster they will wear. They may last 20 hours or they may last 50+ hours "IF" you only ride in clean water, but I assure you that you will be changing them way sooner than 50 hours if you want to keep performance at it's peak.

The number one selling item in this sites online store is plastic wear rings. I make more money selling you 20 plastic wear rings over the life of your ski than selling you one stainless wear ring. Despite this, the best advice I can give you is to run the stainless wear rings. It will be the last one you will ever need to buy.

Kawasaki and Yamaha both use stainless steel liners. Do you ever read about problems on this forum because of them? No!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information