Thread: dissapointed

dissapointed

After replacing whole fuel sys.clean carbs, hone all three cyls. 1 new piston & 2 oem new rings. Did a leak down thats good, indexed crank good there. I went out to lake yesterday ,I spent about 5 hrs. doing the break in, after which it ran great. later my wife and 2 daughters went out riding,After telling them do not keep the throttle pinned for very long. Did they NO they went out for about45 min. doing w.o.t. well
    it holed the mag piston. I was very thorough when dealing with fuel sys. The only guess I have is mag carb popoff was at 23lbs.the other two were at 14 lbs Im [email protected] that cylinder was staved for fuel.Anyways Ill try again. the little that I rode I like this 750 alot off fun

Damn. That sucks.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    That does suck!!!!

Normally I tell other people "sorry" you're not riding it untill it's all good.

You have to make sure your piston wash is good before you can just hand it over to other people. They are going to run it WOT, that's for sure.....

[QUOTE=xlint89;1484935]That does suck!!!!

yeah kevin Ive learned the hard way! with my wife in control I never expected that they would put it
    through its paces. I have to assume responsability I knew through plug chops that the mag was a little lean so I richened that carb bye 1/2 turn & assumed that helped. Also should have spent more time on boat before I turn the lanyard over to my wife or teenagers.That was going to be the last run of the day
    I had planned examining the wash & checking compression numbers. I cant find any faults or problems with the fuel system except pop off pressure way too high, Any opinions on the high pressure starving that cyl.Any ways Ive really been challenged bye this boat, Ive never had this kind of trouble with my kawi, sea doo, Im going to go ahead and try this thing again

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    [QUOTE=blegan;1484987]
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    That does suck!!!!

yeah kevin Ive learned the hard way! with my wife in control I never expected that they would put it
    through its paces. I have to assume responsability I knew through plug chops that the mag was a little lean so I richened that carb bye 1/2 turn & assumed that helped. Also should have spent more time on boat before I turn the lanyard over to my wife or teenagers.That was going to be the last run of the day
    I had planned examining the wash & checking compression numbers. I cant find any faults or problems with the fuel system except pop off pressure way too high, Any opinions on the high pressure starving that cyl.Any ways Ive really been challenged bye this boat, Ive never had this kind of trouble with my kawi, sea doo, Im going to go ahead and try this thing again
    Honestly, I don't know if the high pop off would cause it. Although it doesn't help....

Often it's something really stupid. Like a loose hose clamp or wrong hose connection.

Thread Information