Low RPM After 15/22 Solas I was expecting that

Hey Guys Wazup I Just Want Confirm What I'm doing...Take a Look on my mods that I have I was getting 70.8 70.9 on GPS @8160Rpm So I Know I was suppouse to change my impeller to 14/19 but I will Upgrade my SC soon Thinking on C5 , So After I Installed my new impeller Also the wear ring was so good I'm gonna change this I could resist so I Took to the Water and the Cavitation is gone, Oh god feels so good now , Fast response but I'm still stuck on Top Speed and my RPM Dropped a Lot I knew this was gonna happen but it dropped to much but I'm still doing 71.4 I did another run 70.9 So Pretty much Keeping the TOP Speed but , I Lost the bothering Cavitaion and a lot RPM

So..What I Should do???

Get New SC maybe a C5 and 48 Injectors???

Pump Wedge will help??

Thanks

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    2 things controle rpm the pitch of the prop .. and the resistance from the size of the nozzle...those 2 thingsare what determins the max rpm the motor can turn .. the steeper the prop or the smaller the exit nozzle...the more power it takes to turn it...

you dont have enough power to turn the 15 20 yet ..you have the other stuff...but it takes a s3 or x charger to turn that prop...the rpms need to be 8100 8160 on a o7 rxp to make the most power..the more rpm you turn the faster the super charger turns the more boost it makes..if you were turning the 15 20 only 7600 ..you are probabley 6900 ot 7000 ..with the 15 22 ..you aren turning the super charger fast enough to make more thant 3 4 lbs of boost...stock is at 8100 is only 6 ..x charger is 9 10 ..with lots more volume...volume = acceleration

you have 2 options...

depitch the 15 20..about 2mm amd put it back in your ski ..and you should see 8100 ish at max rpm..that will be the fastest..cheapest

stock boats go 70 you should be 72 73..with your intercooler...ect... but you need to get the rpm back to 8100

or

buy more stuff to make the more power until you can turn the 15 22 you will need at least and x charger..to turn the 15 22 ..

many threads on how to make power..so some searching and reading...

get ridof the 3 inch intake ..it is choaking the charger..especially if you upgrade it....or you wont see gains that are possible..

thanks breon

I Was Easly getting 8160rpm without the impeller and hitting 71mph on GPS but was cavitating a LOT, I Think I'm going to get a C5 works with 11-13lbs What you think then I Replace the injector like 48's I think on that way I should get my RPM back...Do you think the Riva 3" is chocking??? I Just don't like to have a piece of 4" pipe around my engine it's wierd but I will really think about.

Thanks for all information and see what's gonna happen Also I installed a Greddy BOV and I Barely can hear the noise from the BOV...Thoses BOV Only works with High Lbs. When I Upgrade the SC I Think will make a nice noise

Thanks again

just get the fizzle kit..it goes in under the right foot well yoou dont even know it is there once it is in..

yes bov make louder noises the more pressure they are letting off..just know it has to be adjustd ..so it doesnt let boost off...

as for injectors i am not sure on that set up ...i am going to say 42 and a rrfpr would be better than just 48 ...that way you wont be way rich in the lower rpm..11 to 13 sounds similar to an x charger...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mloureirojr View Post
    I Think I'm going to get a C5 works with 11-13lbs What you think then I Replace the injector like 48's I think on that way I should get my RPM back
    You'll get your RPM back if you install the R&D C3 Monster Wheel and a set of 42lb injectors. No need for an RRFPR with this setup, and I don't think you will need to do any pitching to your 15/20 Solas.

Do you think the Riva 3" is chocking???

No. I got my ski to 80mph with that intake. Don't run it with pre-filter tho, and be sure the tube is not riding on the carbon seal bellows !!!

craig i think most everyone on teh forum will dissagree with you on the intake..

you may be correct about the fueling..needs..i have no idea about that wheel...but he has a 15 22..he is trying to spin..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    craig i think most everyone on teh forum will dissagree with you on the intake..
    Everyone will disagree that I did 80mph on my ski with the 3" powerfilter? WOW !!! The people who actually know me here, know that I'm not a liar...

Hey Guys Wazup ...Take a Look on my mods that I have
    mloureirojr's list of mods in signature -

RXP 2007,Riva Gen2 InterCooler, R&D Intake Grate ,Riva 3" Intake Air Filter ,Riva OPAS Performance Block Off Kit , Riva Trhu Hull Rear Exhaust ,JFizzle Catch Can , 15/20 Solas Impeller,Greddy Blow Off Type RS, 71.4 @7600RPM Looks like I Need more boost Stock SC Can't anymore

I read your list of mods. Your mods include a 15/20r - in which case I would throw a C3 wheel and some 42lb injectors in there.

craig settle down..no one is calling you a liar... you have been a part of this community for a while...not saying you didnt go 80 with one ....you live in seattle the water is nice and cold and you have good air...you should have good speeds.

i am disagreeing with you on the 3 inch being restrictive.. and not allowing big chargers to operate at there full potencial..that is it ..that is what we were talking about..it wasnt about you and your speeds..

i gained 1 lb of boost going fom a 4 inch front air to a rear air...and i still gain rpm when i remove the seat..the 3 inch just hold big chargers back...you also would gain if you got a bigger intake...look what your intercooler pipe did...

thanks all

Hi craig thanks for yours tips , I like hear from all of you , craig what the diference between c3 and c5 and why u would not go with c5 and 48' injectors ?? do you think it will requires a riva ecu???

+1
    Hi Craigo thanks for yours tips , I like hear from all of you , Craigo what the diference between c3 and c5 and why u would not go with c5 and 48' injectors ?? do you think it will requires a riva ecu???
    I wouldn't go with the C5 and 48lb injectors because there is no proven fueling method without adding an AFR sensor bung hole, an AFR checking device, a RRFPR and some injectors. With the C3 wheel, all you will need is some 42lb injectors if you are running an external intercooler and the 15/20r. You might need to depitch your prop slightly, but it would be alot cheaper of a setup in order for you to get your RPMs back. If I even considered installing the C5, I would just spend an extra $35 and get an brand new X-Charger.

Replacing the 3" Powerfilter with a 4" intake is not required for you to get your RPMs back. And comparing a 4" front air intake with a 4" rear air intake has NOTHING to do with the price of tea in China. PERIOD.

Thread Information