Motec and Immobilizer

Have anyone disconnected their immobilizer with using Motec in their Ultra 250/260?

My immobilizer broke down in offshore race (the button in the bottom not staying down with out pushing the key with the hand) and I had to take it off by cutting the wires about 4 cm from the immobilizer. I found out that there are 6 wires going in and by connecting two of them you get the power for the ECU. So I put the waterproof switch between these wires. The ski runs but gives the F1 error code all the time (not given any specific error code but just the F1). Should I connect some other wires also or how can you take the F1 error code off in Motec?

At the same time I got another problem and that is the engine stops suddently in full throttle (8100-8300 rpm). It start up right away after and there not seems to be any problem in it...

Thanks,

Sammy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Have anyone disconnected their immobilizer with using Motec in their Ultra 250/260?

My immobilizer broke down in offshore race (the button in the bottom not staying down with out pushing the key with the hand) and I had to take it off by cutting the wires about 4 cm from the immobilizer. I found out that there are 6 wires going in and by connecting two of them you get the power for the ECU. So I put the waterproof switch between these wires. The ski runs but gives the F1 error code all the time (not given any specific error code but just the F1). Should I connect some other wires also or how can you take the F1 error code off in Motec?

At the same time I got another problem and that is the engine stops suddently in full throttle (8100-8300 rpm). It start up right away after and there not seems to be any problem in it...

Thanks,

Sammy
    Hi Sammy
    I have already sent you an email

For the others viewing the Kawasaki KPE device has a set of pull up resistors inside that help with calibrations of the engine, oil and intercooler temp sensors, the KPE also drives one of the main relays.
    It is therefore likely that the KPE is the cause of the stopping.
    What worries me is that the KPE may have failed due to the now modified wiring.
    The MoTeC kits are designed to operate functionaly correct on a standard wiring configuration.
    We will investigate further.

Sammy is it possible to repair the ski to its standard set up.

Cheers

Last edited by MoTeC Pete; 07-04-2010 at 11:46 PM. Reason: added relevant sensors

Thread Information