Cooling water pilot outlet (pisser) question

I just bought a 2007 Yamaha VX Sport. I took it out yesterday for the first time. At idle I did not see anything coming out the pisser hose on the port side. There was warm air coming out. I did not look to see if water was coming out at cruising speed. No lights came on or warning buzzer the 30 minutes or so I was riding. Should the water come out of the pisser at idle? How do I clean or unclog if it is blocked?

+1
    Take it out again and check closely on the port(left) side , i'm sure your mistaken, On trailer idle, my starboard(right) side takes much longer to open up that the port pisser. Sometimes I think it might be clogged, but out on the water its gushing out.Somebody correct me if i'm wrong but on the GPR , the hose from the stinger going to the port side comes out first because it sits lower on the pipe, so it pulls water first, then the starboard side on top pulls the rest.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by spastec View Post
    I just bought a 2007 Yamaha VX Sport. I took it out yesterday for the first time. At idle I did not see anything coming out the pisser hose on the port side. There was warm air coming out. I did not look to see if water was coming out at cruising speed. No lights came on or warning buzzer the 30 minutes or so I was riding. Should the water come out of the pisser at idle? How do I clean or unclog if it is blocked?
    As long as you feel air coming out, then it will not be blocked.......no warning lights mean you should be fine.

Not sure about the hose routing on the VX, but on the FX the R/H side acts as a pressure relief to the system & only operates above 5-6000 rpm, also the water coming out is more of a vapour rather then water flow.

Thread Information