Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1

2010 iS running rich?????

It has 15 hours on it right now. The first time coming up on plane yesterday it bogged when I pulled the throttle all the way back. The issue cleared up after a minute of riding. Also, she seems to miss a lot at a high idle such as the max setting on the Slow Mode cruise control. I also felt it odd that a Honda Aquatrax would actually out accelerate me off the line as well, but then again, I don't know how quick those other machines are. Also, the ski won't burst up past 70 and back down again as the governor kicks in (as I have read that other skis do). It will climb up to 69 on speedo (67.6 on my Garmin) and just stay there, but no massive burst.

Going to hit up the dealer on Tues and if the weather holds, might take it to a local lake tomorrow to test it further. Anybody heard of these ECU's running a little fat? Seems to have the symptoms. Think I might pull a plug tomorrow as well and take a peek.

Sorry I can't answer you question, but with your cruise control, when you are idling forward at a slow speed of say 1 or 2 mph, does the engine reduce rpm below 1,700?

id change the spark plugs , then take it out for a try

+1
    i have a is thats all u going to getis 69 mph keep running it mine done the same thing breaking it in nothing u can do until that limter take off

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by grover432 View Post
    Sorry I can't answer you question, but with your cruise control, when you are idling forward at a slow speed of say 1 or 2 mph, does the engine reduce rpm below 1,700?
    Don't know. As soon as I turn on Slow Mode, I set it to 4 or 5 immediately. Concerned why it sounds like the engine's missing big time at those settings and why it bogged a little at the beginning of Saturday's run. I'll get in touch with the dealer tomorrow since they were closed today. Got busy working on house so I never got a chance to pull a plug to take a peek.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by UNSANE View Post
    It has 15 hours on it right now. The first time coming up on plane yesterday it bogged when I pulled the throttle all the way back. The issue cleared up after a minute of riding. Also, she seems to miss a lot at a high idle such as the max setting on the Slow Mode cruise control. I also felt it odd that a Honda Aquatrax would actually out accelerate me off the line as well, but then again, I don't know how quick those other machines are. Also, the ski won't burst up past 70 and back down again as the governor kicks in (as I have read that other skis do). It will climb up to 69 on speedo (67.6 on my Garmin) and just stay there, but no massive burst.

Going to hit up the dealer on Tues and if the weather holds, might take it to a local lake tomorrow to test it further. Anybody heard of these ECU's running a little fat? Seems to have the symptoms. Think I might pull a plug tomorrow as well and take a peek.
    What rpms are you showing at wot?

Be sure to check all your intercooler and exhaust hoses. The clamps need to be retightened once a hour or two is on the ski.

I am not getting anymore than 8000 rpms on mine.

tell me how to take the limiter off please.

Thread Information