Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

If its too good to be true....then...

A few of us went out in the chop in Sandy Hook to enjoy boat parties on Spermaceti cove, but decided to loop around five ''no wake " bouys and found a long stretch of calm water. It runs along the sandy hook peninsula, very quiet, no boats, no docks, no go slow signs nobody to complain about those annoying jet skis. We thought we found our own little nestled area where we can race, carve out , donut, just goof around.But after playing around for a an hr, someone on the other side of a sand bar thats separates this quiet area says 'carefull you'll get a ticket".It turns out our little '' speed alley" is a bird sanchuary that no motor boats allowed.Hmmm.... no signs WTF, it turns those five "no wake'' bouys actually said "do not enter". Its tough finding flat water to run in without having to worry about mooring boats ,rocking the docks etc.,at least near me the Navesink/ sandyhook area

oooops

+1
    Go up the raritan bay into the river.... Lots of flat water but be carefull back there... I hear theres some real fast skis that lurk in the canal's.. .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkaddict View Post
    Go up the raritan bay into the river.... Lots of flat water but be carefull back there... I hear theres some real fast skis that lurk in the canal's.. .
    HA HA, and I bet one of those was a black and green conversion.I'll be out there in oct. its free (i think)
    Hate to pay $30 a launch.T.J. let me know next your out there or in my area , the SHERESBURY river is free(little silver launch)

+1
    +1...there was some good races in the back today couple small 17-19 foot boats one was my buddy with his checkmate and another guy whos always in the river with a 2.5 racing merc they ran a few times and a 23 foot baja with a good big block ran a decently modded rxp

+1
    There was a Baja out there sunday. The baja claimed 90 mph with a pro charger set up on a boss 30-2 but wouldnt run because his wife and kid were in the boat...
    Then we caught a hydrostreme in the draglane... He got his ass handed to him by a flash of green... After 50 yards or so he stopped trying...

+1
    There was a Baja out there sunday. The baja claimed 90 mph with a pro charger set up on a boss 30-2 but wouldnt run because his wife and kid were in the boat...
    Then we caught a hydrostreme in the draglane... He got his ass handed to him by a flash of green... After 50 yards or so he stopped trying...
    the hyrdro have a 2.5 on back?

theres a lot of people that wade out into that shallow flat by " skull island' spermacetti cove.. i wouldnt go in there with a kayak but thats just me.. and yes thats a bird sanctuary along with whatever else they want to call it .. the park service will own ur ass if they catchu in there with skis. just a heads up..

hey there, i have my seadoo at twin lights marina this year... know of anyone who builds cooler/ rod holders around our parts? Thanks! see you out there

+1
    for ur ski?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information