Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ok, so I just bit and bought a skat trak impellor... I have a couple of questions...

Ok, I walked into this with literally about 25 seconds to decide... it was on ebay but for some reason, I just stumbled upon it with seconds til it ended and no bids and about 1/3 retail.. so I bit ... so I am basically looking for:

1) performance gains switching from my stock Polaris 4 blade that is pretty skunt up...?
    2) will it fit, which perhaps should be #1
    3) how hard is it to swap the impellor... I don't have any special tools or anything...

That's about it... I heard someone say get a 14/19... but I don't even see the 14/16 on skat-trak website... and I myself, don't know much about pitch.

basically, what do you guys think of my recent leap!?

If you don't recommend it I'll just tell the seller that I will pay his fees and walk away...

Look forward to the input,
    Jared

Here's my input and I quote, " I'll just tell the seller that I will pay his fees and walk away...". That's really kind of you!

Ride Mohave To Havasu. Live In Los Angeles.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcc011185 View Post
    Ok, I walked into this with literally about 25 seconds to decide... it was on ebay but for some reason, I just stumbled upon it with seconds til it ended and no bids and about 1/3 retail.. so I bit ... so I am basically looking for:

1) performance gains switching from my stock Polaris 4 blade that is pretty skunt up...?
    2) will it fit, which perhaps should be #1
    3) how hard is it to swap the impellor... I don't have any special tools or anything...

That's about it... I heard someone say get a 14/19... but I don't even see the 14/16 on skat-trak website... and I myself, don't know much about pitch.

basically, what do you guys think of my recent leap!?

If you don't recommend it I'll just tell the seller that I will pay his fees and walk away...

Look forward to the input,
    Jared
    How about a link to it? Hopefully it is not a 92-93 model impeller. They don't fit the 94 and newer pumps.

Ride Mohave To Havasu. Live In Los Angeles.
    I have never heard of that one. I have a feeling it is for a 146mm pump (92-93) and you need the 148mm . Maybe ask them to measure and make sure?

Ok, sent the seller an email... we'll see if they can tell me it it is for my ski... I'll continue searching via the model number on the auction to see what I find... if anyone else finds out or already knows something about this particular impeller, please step forward!

Jared

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Never heard of it, I posted some factory impeller stuff in the tech section. Unless you are going to bore your exit nozzle, or play around with adding and removing the cone extension or possibly buy an AAT, you might want a 13/18. What's your setup? At different levels of mods you may need different impellers.

92-93 Impleller

That is the one for the 92-93. You don't want that.

Oh, ****!

I emailed the guy... we can hopefully mutually withdraw and ebay won't charge him fees... I feel bad ...

moving on... 13/18 huh? Ok this is what I want:

MORE TOP END!

I will have the pro 785 CDI installed soon, and I have a 650 dry pipe on the way too, along with an extended ride plate and performance scoop style grate and I am working on putting together an extended pump setup.. so it will have more get-up due to the extreme timing curve from the CDI, I want a prop that will let it rev better and more top end speed... having said that... 13/18 is my magic numbers?

Now, does anybody have a used one that they will sell? I want what will give me the best top end while not "hurting" the acceleration that much... I currently have the 4 blade impeller that came on the 96 sl780..

You guys see what I would have paid for this one.. I am willing... so does anybody have a replacement impeller that will work for me?

...my search continues...

Thanks,
    Jared

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    You better double check with sealion you might have to use a 12/17 with all those goodies.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information