Help with some suggestions 95 XP

Looking for some help with an 95 XP that won't start...Deppressing the Start button and it just clicks from the box that the jumper leads go into, Starter motor is a year old... brand new plugs, Opened elec box and all looks brand new. Battery was flat but hooked it to a jump pack to fire it up...last time it was used it was having trouble starting and plugs were fowled...This is not my ski so I really know nothing about the two strokes....I heard that MPEMS can be an issue but is there a way around this without getting a new one....Also this ski is onto its third starter motor from new....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pooche View Post
    Looking for some help with an 95 XP that won't start...Deppressing the Start button and it just clicks from the box that the jumper leads go into, Starter motor is a year old... brand new plugs, Opened elec box and all looks brand new. Battery was flat but hooked it to a jump pack to fire it up...last time it was used it was having trouble starting and plugs were fowled...This is not my ski so I really know nothing about the two strokes....I heard that MPEMS can be an issue but is there a way around this without getting a new one....Also this ski is onto its third starter motor from new....

Thanks
    For one make sure the battery is fully charged. If it's acid filled and serviceable you can check for dead cells with a hydrometer. You may at this time want to relocate where the ground cable connects to the block. Do a search and you will find that it can be a common problem. It is also hard to get to where the stock location is and is simply easier to cut then relocate.

If after eliminating the battery and it's connections as the problem it still clicks open up the box that contains the starter solenoid. Check every thing for corrosion. Clean and repair anything suspect. The solenoid is not an expensive part either. Try jumping battery power straight to the starter switch side of the solenoid and see what happens. If it cranks over fine that is when I might suspect you are not receiving enough current from the mpem.

Thread Information