Thread: Wow!

+1

Wow! (great deal on a handling package)

This is too good to get missed. It was buried in one of the other threads and it deserves to be highlighted. This is a direct quote from Kerry.

"Buy the plate ... and I will give you the best info I currently have for the handling speed balance for your particuler set up via the phone." Kerry Hibden

WOW!!

He is saying if you buy a modifed rideplate from him for $390 (which is a fair price for a modified rideplate) and he will speak with you on the phone and help you set-up your ski.

What a unique idea, buy a plate and the vendor will help you set-up your ski to take advantage of it.

Now we are talking. This is a great offer. Great value for the money. This is the best offer for any handling package that has ever been sold on the forum.
    Last edited by philip_gpr; 10-04-2006 at 10:38 PM.

+1
    Contact.
    Kerry Hibdon at Kerrys Performance Group
    931-815-2219

Hey Phillip,
    This idea is not so unique and it has been an unwritten service for a few of the "speed dealers". I am sure Kerry would have done that for someone who bought one of his plates without having to advertise it. When I bought a prop from Carl, we talked about the set up of my ski on the phone and it went way beyond just the pump. I have talked to Fercho on the phone about my setup a few times and I never bought anything from him until last week. (I will be testing my new VF-3 reeds tomorrow). Most of the different individuals who sell custom parts that we read about on the forums have testimonial posts about how helpful and informative they were to the customers. Too bad they can't be just as gracious towards each other, but I guess competition brings out the best and worst of us all.
    By the way Phillip I just wanted to say that your post on how to build a fast ski is very informative and helpful for those who have not yet struggled through trial and error. That is the kind of help and information that makes a forum like this thrive. But it is always important to stress that what works for one ski may not work as well for another.

So Phillip, I have not spoke to you in quite some time. I have been in and out of the country and I am currently living in Seoul, Korea. I am home for 2 weeks and I just installed a set of VF-3 reeds. My last time out on my GroupK BB I hit a 75.5 and I am hoping that these reeds will push me past 76 and give me some more "get up and go". Did you ever get the jetting on your big bore resolved ?

+1
    Likewise with me, these guys have all been very helpful to me in the past. Fernando was always my go to guy, when I really got stuck I called him. I probably have spent a couple hours on the phone with Carl - he is alway there if you need him. Heck I even talked with Kerry a couple weeks ago. I had a very specific timing question and he helped me out the best he could.

I actually dismantled my BB motor this summer and I am working on a new motor for that ski. In hindsight, the jetting was just plain screwy.

In the meantime I have been messing with my other ski - 2 mos ago it was a stock 1200 that I had resurected from the junk pile. Using unported 1300 cylinders I am at 77 and I still have a couple more weeks to go before it gets too cold to ride anymore. I found a local machinist that does great work and I have been using some of my own mods on this ski. I am planning on starting another thread on this ski - it really is a low budget affair and it shows with careful attention to details you can get some pretty good results.
    Last edited by philip_gpr; 10-04-2006 at 10:31 PM.

77mph with an unported 1300 motor is pretty impressive. 77mph for any single pipe GPR is impressive!! My pump is still stock and my carb.s are still stock, but I am happy with my ski.

+1
    Philip, I don't think anyone missed that thread. It is simular to others in
    respect that once you have the package the support is there.

However,
    Fercho has given support to almost everyone on this forum and Riva's
    forum wether or not they have the package. In fact there are
    numerous documents from him saved on the (How to and FAQs) section as well as the Riva site. There is a stack of them in my garage, ask mtrager.

I am not bashing anyone here but I know who has been
    helping people long before there was a package to be sold.

Kerry has the fastest boat in the world, its not about that.

Philip, you to have always put eveything on the table and showed us your results good or bad and it has helped eveyone as well. We all
    appreciate it wether it is said or not!

Its obvious who my friend is but do yourself a favor and talk to both before you make a decision, even give Ben a call he has a really fast boat too. Heard he was starting a company soon..

Too many beers, after bedtime, seeya

+1
    I guess what I like about this is I just prefer to see each vendor promoting their own handling specific set-up. And I see this as a step in the right direction for Kerry. I know I am very interested in how he gets to 88+. The other thing I like is now the forum members have another choice that is available for a reasonable cost.

Should you expect the same level of service as Fernando gives - probably not, that would be an unrealistic expectation. But for someone like myself that does most things on you own the Kerry alternative looks pretty good.

With only 3 questions you can have a pretty good handling set-up.

How do you mount a pump shoe?

What shims should I use on the trim tabs?

What shims should I use on the rideplate?

The rest is just building HP with a 2 stroke motor which is a relatively straight forward task.
    Last edited by philip_gpr; 10-05-2006 at 04:46 PM.

+1
    We've got some good guys on this forum. Without them, we'd all still be searching for that elusive 73 mph mark.

Thread Information