Angry 1992 sl 650 triople

well thx for the info you guys gave me last time......
    my ski has now a new set of power reeds and a R&D ride plate and carbs have been rebuilt with a new triple fuel pump new lines and a new pick up cap at the gas tank.....
    mt prob is that i don't have more then 1/4 throttle and cant get out of the hole i have played with the crbs and have put them back to stock a few times and same thing.....? I heard that there is some kind of re-stricter in the return fuel line to make pressure could that be the problem.... other then that i starts up great and sounds good out of water........

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    What's your pop off pressure set at?

Not sure if your 92 had the restrictor or not. Although I doubt that's the problem.

So what's it doing? Sounds "boggy" or is it stalling out?

Did you syncronize your carbs?

What did you set the carbs to?

PS: if you're going to come off like an azzhole, no one is going to help you out.

"Well thx for the info you guys gave me last time...."

And rebuilding the carbs and a new set of Power reeds is good information.

The R&D ride plate, I don't think ANYONE has ever recommended....

+1

Did you replace the filters in the carbs? Sounds like your lows aren't set correctly.

did not mean to sound like a azz hole... set carbs to what the book said cant think of it of hand.... it sounds good out of water with the cooling hose hooked up...
    but kind smokes on the last carb in the back ... i did change the filters in the carbs and has new fuel filter...when in water it sound like it boggs down and wants to die
    and if keep wide open for few sec it will stall.. but fires up agin....not shure what you mean by snyc carbes.....? i did not take of the link bar that hooks them all up togather......
    i do not have a pop off valve tool .. is that something that i need to do that type of work , i whent by the book.......i am lost, dose anybody have any ideas.......?

what do you mean lows........? i did put new filters in the carbs.......

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Click below for some helpful info

part of rebuilding the carbs is checking your pop off pressure. Once can be built cheap, check the above suggestion on where to find the info.

+1
    ok lets get back to where u were before all this happened.. no.1 did it run ok before/. yes? then read on.. if no, did you fix the problem before you changed everything?

no.2 did you use gaskets on the both sides of the reeds? did you install the reeds corerectly? whos diagram did you use to install the triple pump? did you change the lines in the tank if so equppied? are they curling up in there?? are the weighted screenson them? is the main shorter than the resereve line in the tank? are the diaphrams in corecctly? they can be put in backwards..

did you change all the lines? clean the seperator? blow thru the fuel filter if you have one? did you change that? if you did, is it orientaded the right direction with the arrow pointing towards the motor? (direction of flow?) all vent lines clear?

did you take out the main jets and actually look thru them with a flashlight to make sure there clean? and the pilot jet? the pilot jets are for your low speed circuit..

did you put the lows to spec? the highs too? does the ski jump out of the water when you punch it?

any lines kinked? the clear lines can be kinked pretty easy from what ive seen. i use tie wraps and extra length of hose to let them curl in gentle curves to wherever there going.. fuel seperator screen clean?

what color are the ceramic plug eletrodes? they should be chocolate brown, not light tan, thats lean..

whats the compression? what kind of plugs are in there?

when you replaced the lines, did you notice an extra tie wrap or clamp on the return line? if so, that was your restrictor if your ski uses one,, i dont have one so i dont know right off hand.. but that controls your fuel pressure..

keep us posted and answer all questions please. we can help diagnose whats wrong with ya if we know everything first. no fibbing! lol

ok #1 yes ran fine before i did this stuff to it just had a slight start problem some times and guys on green hulk told me to put the new triple fuel pump and to make sure fuel lines and stuff were good.... so i put new lines every were and on the pick up in tank.. i cut them to same lenght and put the screens back on clean....
    #2 i did not clean the seperator not sure i have one.....? i have not chk vent lines but woild that stop me from getting out of the hole ....?
    i did clean and look at the jets looked clean to me.... my ski dose not jump out of water when i punch it but dose take of and then i get no more then 1/4 throttle .... i did not chk fuel separator screen because did not think i had one on there not sure.....?
    i will have to chk color of plugs i think maybe kinda lean but have to re chk.... the plugs were ngk-r and then i went to a arid plug....
    no there was no extra tie or wrap on return line, i did just peel them all of and put all new every were.... what could i use to act like a restrict-or....? and last of all i kind get some smoke coming out of last carb when i rev on it out of water with cooling hose hooked up what could this be......? i also put a block of plate for the oil.... what should i run it at......... oil mix.......?

ok so i have a hole in #3 piston..... now that i think of it it was lossing power at end of last year right befor i did the fuel up grade ........ so if i put new piston in it should be fine ..... i hope..... i have already did the fule up grades...... but also when i was trying to se why my ski was acting up before i did comprasion test i noticed some air in fuel lines..... should there be any air in fuel lines.....? i think its coming in after my fuel filtter...... any ideas on how to find problem or what i can do........? thx

Thread Information