Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

riva stage 3 compressor wheel and housing

I've been offered a riva stage 3 compressor wheel and housing at a reasonable price for my rxp. my question is do I need anything to go with it? the guy said i didnt but surely with that much air I'd need more fuel?! like the 42lbs injectors?

Had my rxp now for a month, already have the R&D intake kit, worx grate, hydroturf seat cover and riva pro block offs, ready for my rear exit exhaust which I'm picking up on wednesday. When I fit that I will drill out the baffles in the waterbox. Just one thing? has anyone had problems of water leeching back to the manifold with this setup?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetmanjay View Post
    I've been offered a riva stage 3 compressor wheel and housing at a reasonable price for my rxp. my question is do I need anything to go with it? the guy said i didnt but surely with that much air I'd need more fuel?! like the 42lbs injectors?

Had my rxp now for a month, already have the R&D intake kit, worx grate, hydroturf seat cover and riva pro block offs, ready for my rear exit exhaust which I'm picking up on wednesday. When I fit that I will drill out the baffles in the waterbox. Just one thing? has anyone had problems of water leeching back to the manifold with this setup?

yes you'll need the 42's.....now that I think about it you might be able to get away with stock injectors depending on your air intake and if your running a stock intercooler or not.....maybe someone more knowledgeable than myself can chime in and let you know the right way to go..

If you're still running the oem IC...you do not need to up the fuel.

Ask me how I know.

lol, how you know?

Have just read that these suffer from touchdown and that riva have even stopped making them?

I want a quicker ski but dont want to rebuild it every 20 hrs!

+1
    Have just read that these suffer from touchdown and that riva have even stopped making them?!
    One example of someone's experience with an S3 charger doesn't predict what will happen in every case. I haven't read any threads about a S3 charger failing do to touchdowns. Believe me - if that was a common problem there would be threads all over this site about this issue ... where are they? I have read about many charger's bearings failing and causing much havoc - most of which are stock chargers. When installing and running any charger in your ski you run a risk of supercharger failure.

Me too!

+1
    Some have had a MINOR touch down right on the outer edges of the impeller blades..IT is nothing that will damage your Scer...I don't know the reason why or what the deal is BUT i have seen many S3 including my own do this..But like i said,its nothing to get worried about..Just a common thing with the S3 wheels..

lol, how you know?

Have just read that these suffer from touchdown and that riva have even stopped making them?

Check my sig. As Snowman said....something about the wheel's design has them touching the upper housing....just enough to show it had...dunno why...as for why they aren't making them any more?....my guess....there's more money to be made elsewhere....like a wheel demanding more fuel goodies...just a guess.

I've had mine...a used one....responsibly used and cared for....in my ski for...almost twenty hours now. I rutinely keep up and or surpass better equiped skis. Don't believe me?...ask those running on SML.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    i ran one for about the first 2 years i had my ski..it was mid 70's with a fizzle type intercooler ..and the 42# set up..it was very popular set up at the time ..reliable bolt and go...seadoo basically made that set up into the x boat..

s3 charger..gives you lots more volume than the stock 215 charger...volume = the acceleration..

with the oem intercooler you wont need the 42#injectors..you will be fine with the stock 38# injectors...

but you wont see the same gains as you will whern you add the intercooler and the 42's...

ther nice thing about the s3 charger is you dont need to add a rrfpr or anything else as you would if you ran an x charger..

i never had any issues out of mine at all and i beat the crap out of it...for almost 80 hours

then i tried an x charger...neglagible difference at the same rpm...

my feeling as to why they arnt made anymore has nothing to do with reliability rather...the x charger slightly outperforms it....and you can buy the whole charger brand new from seadoo metal washers better shafts ect.... for around 600 bucks so why would you pay 800 for half a charger..so the profit margin has been cut..to amost nothing..

I ran the S3 on my 07 rxt for over 120 hours with great results.
    Bought everything from Jerry. It was recommended to me
    from GH himself to run the rising rate fuel pressure regulator
    when using the 38 psi injectors (stock ones)..
    I used the stock I/C , 4" air, etc etc

+1
    I just installed the S3 and 42's on my ski. I don't even have close to an hour on it. So far I would say lots more throtle response. I am currently tweaking my impeller to get make top speed. So far I have heard good things about the wheel and I am happy with my results thus far. I know I have a couple more mph with the right impeller tweak.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information