Thread: Ultra sank

Cool Ultra sank

I've had an '07 Kawasaki Ultra LX since July 2007 purchased brand new. This machine has been the biggest mistake i've ever made. Would not ride for more than a week without a huge range of different problems. Speaking to Kawasaki is a waste as they will always blame it on user error and fight before paying out on repairs. And if you live in the NY/Long Island area here's a warning, stay very clear of Crazy Freddy Motorsports/Island Powersports on Sunrise hwy in Massapequa! If you want to hear about my problems with them, send me a PM. Anyway, I was blessed this year when it finally sank and was covered by my insurance. (hose blew off under the engine near the intake, exhaust hose with water connecting both water boxes tore open and water started pouring in.) I will never purchase another Kawasaki product again. I'm in the market for a brand new, reliable, FAST, fully-loaded waverunner.

I'm looking at the new Yamaha FX SHO, but a little side tracked by the sea-doo's 260hp. I want to go FAST with the potential to go faster but at the same time have little to no problems. I hear Yamaha is #1 in reliability and they have a great track record. Also if anyone knows or can tell me the difference in speed on the water between the Yamaha FZS/FZR and the SHO. Seems like the FZR is a littler faster due to the decrease in weight?

Also, my Ultra LX is for sale. Obviously, it needs a motor or lots of engine repair but all cosmetic parts are in BRAND NEW condition. Everything was always washed, dried, oiled, treated like a baby. The seats, dash, handle bars, even the hull is in brand new condition - 58 hours. $900. I can take detailed pictures on request.

anybody?? there's a ton of knowledgeable people in this forum, the smallest amount of advice will help me out a lot!

fzr is what i would buy but depends on what u realy want
    Is 900 what u want for the ski?

Quote Originally Posted by 66V View Post
    fzr is what i would buy but depends on what u realy want
    Is 900 what u want for the ski?
    Thanks for your reply! Yes, i'm asking $900 for my Ultra LX. So the fzr is a little quicker than the sho?

Thread Information