+1

2003 GTI LE Not Cooling

Hi,went to put the jet skis in the water yeasterday on the fourth. And my GTI wouldn't go anywhere. sounded ;ike there was something stuckin the impeller or my wear ring some how got chewed up. I wasn't riding the ski personally but could hear it from the beach. I Told the rider top come in immedialty when i noticced that the ski wasnt pissing any water either. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by oct6454 View Post
    Hi,went to put the jet skis in the water yeasterday on the fourth. And my GTI wouldn't go anywhere. sounded ;ike there was something stuckin the impeller or my wear ring some how got chewed up. I wasn't riding the ski personally but could hear it from the beach. I Told the rider top come in immedialty when i noticced that the ski wasnt pissing any water either. Any ideas?

Maybe they sucked up a huge glob of algae? Have you inspected the intake grate area? Have you tried flushing the ski on the hose yet? Just remember engine on hose on. Hose off engine off. I would start there.

+1
    yes i got under the ski and there was nothing visibly ubstructing the intake. I felt around beneaththegrate and couldn't feel anything either.

+1
    Well i did what you said and while in the process i heard a very loud metal sound and noticed that we had sucked up one of our tie down ropes. Its in one end and out the other. Needless to say i'm bringing it in. Thanks for the help!

I have (2) GTI LE RFI's 2003 models they had 40 hours on them and they looked bran new in 2008 when we bought them.
    We have put about 40 hours on them and this past weekend The wear rings around the prop both came apart on the same weekend.
    So when they say to check and or replace the wear rings at 50 hours they are not far off....
    I think some debree might have gone through them since I wasn't the one riding them but now they are both torn apart and I'm waiting for my prop tool to come in tomorrow....so far thanks to all the posts about the changing and removal I think I will be back in business this weekend. I hope you have good luck with yours as well.

Quote Originally Posted by oct6454 View Post
    Well i did what you said and while in the process i heard a very loud metal sound and noticed that we had sucked up one of our tie down ropes. Its in one end and out the other. Needless to say i'm bringing it in. Thanks for the help!

Sorry maybe I should have been a little more specific and said crawl underneath and look up in and inspect the entire intake cavity. Considering what you first post was I figured you would have done that.

Thread Information