Thread: 127 MPH Polaris

+1

127 MPH Polaris

+1
    Lets see a GPS on it while riding. then i'll believe it.. the fastest is 106 MPH if I remember correctly. That was with a 2.5 litre v-6 sitting sideways in it with a clymer belt drive and a surface speed prop on it..

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 750sl View Post
    old and never seen it run

Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    Lets see a GPS on it while riding. then i'll believe it.. the fastest is 106 MPH if I remember correctly. That was with a 2.5 litre v-6 sitting sideways in it with a clymer belt drive and a surface speed prop on it..
    never got to see that merc/polaris run but didnt hear 106--a turbo gprxp did 100+ but thats the highest i have seen

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-300207577.htm

Its for sale less the engine. Looks like it was done here in N.Z. Can't have been that sucessful if they are selling it without the engine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    Lol, im sure you are not the only one who dont believe it, bow. Which is probably why that guy/s disabled commenting on that youtube video. It would also explain why it got so many thumbs down.

+1
    i hear that! and would you let your engine guy drink jim beam cola drinks while tuning an outragously powered engine? watch the vid, youll see him holding onto a drink.lol I cant remember exactly where I seen the 106 number. ill have to look n see if i can find it. i know breaking just a hundred is very hard. let alone anything faster..high 80'2 and 90's are possible..

Plus having a suface prop on your ski is down right dangerous. could you imagine flipping it at speed with that prop unloaded and spinning coming at ya? Pate' anyone? lol i'll watch.lol

Plus, there is no way i would sit on the front of it on the trailer hitting the throttle? are they nuts? lol

heres some of the talk about it. im still looking..

well new speed is 106 mph....
    00 gp1200r triple piper
    03 gp1300r stock
    03 crf450r baja

Answer

Veteran

eXXe
    Blog Posts: 0
    Forum Posts: 631
    Rating: 0

Posted 1 Year, 11 Months ago #4
    That's great. Are there that few existing that can do that mph that they are that expensive?

You did the 106mph 'ride'?
    If you want to become a moderator on this site please contact us.

Answer

rdh
    Fresh Boarder
    Blog Posts: 0
    Forum Posts: 14
    Rating: 0

Posted 1 Year, 11 Months ago #5
    well theres only one that goes 106 mph,,, its actually not using a standard jetpump, it uses a surface prop, so its like a very small baja boat.... the one that "was" for sale is at 103mph, and that uses a standard jetpump....no i havent ridden them yet, but at MUDBUG, which is the sturgis for jetskis i will have a chance to ride it...

those skis are no longer available for sale, to much liability.....

a jetpump utilizes 40% of the power you supply it.. a prop uses 90% of the power available..... so the boat thats going 106, its motor is almost stock,, the one thats at 103 uses a jetpump like all jetskis, and its motor has about 40k in it... so basically a guy came up with a whole new propulsion system for skis and is blowing everyone away,,,,, its very exciting in the jetski world i have a prop kit reserved for my ski so hopefully soon ill have a 100+mph ski also
    00 gp1200r triple piper
    03 gp1300r stock
    03 crf450r baja

+1
    This is run with me's ski,. he's selling it. says it goes over 105 probably 110 if set up right and your not scared to ride it!

heres the thread.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-Fountain-Boys

RUNWME
    David Bunn Myrtle Beach
    Join Date Aug 2007 Location Little River, SC Posts 1,298
    I've not been on the site in a very long time ( divorce and changes in life priorities) but wanted to see if there was interest in this ski.

I will sell it complete with gear box, all the props, rudders and everything that I have as I was working on this project along the way. I also have everything to switch it back to a jetpump setup ( not sure why anyone would do that, but its all included )

This is still a project in works... Its been very very fast (over 105mph ) but can have quirky handling problems when lifting throttle. It is capable of running closer to 110mph.

7500 complete with trailer or if you have your own ski you want to do conversion to, I will take 3500 for the gearbox ( much much stronger design), shafts, props, brackets, waterpump and rudder bracket. It is setup for GPR but includes shaft adapter and could be converted to most any ski. (supercharged motor would rock out of gate acceleration!!!)
    PM me if interested
    Thanks
    David

Thread Information