04 rxp question about whether or not I need the wiring harness piggy back?

I have a 04 RXP that had the update for the knock sensor and had the piggy back wiring harness installed. My question is I am still loosing RPM'S they are now maxed at 77-7800 as before they were higher. I had the (knock sensor campaign) done a while ago and was wondering if my RPM'S dropping could be due to having this part (knock sensor piggy back adapter part number 278002050)? I have read on the forums that this part # above would possibly fix my problem or make the problem in the 1st place with the RPM'S not being as high as they once were. Can someone here please advise me on this ? as well as I am sure some folks on here know the answer to this problem. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Dave

How many hours on the ski/charger?

Had the same issue, thought it was the piggy back harness but ended up being my charger was slipping too much.

+1
    u probably need a prop tweek, and a new wear ring. Your charger could be slipping, also make sure your oiil level isn't too high.

Hello there thanks for answering me back. What happens if my oil level is too high as I think it is? I was under the impression that there is a oil blow off/out valve that will delete/get rid off excess oil incase you have too much is that true? What would happen if I take the piggy back harness off would my rpm's go up or down?

+1
    if you take the piggy back harness off you will lose about 1000 rpm and about 8 mph.that is what i gained when i added the piggy back harness after the update do to failure.the oil level needs to be between the two bends. if to high you will lose rpms.ther is no oil blow off valve that will make your oil level right.would be nice if it had this .but it does not.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by davidrxp View Post
    I have a 04 RXP that had the update for the knock sensor and had the piggy back wiring harness installed. My question is I am still loosing RPM'S they are now maxed at 77-7800 as before they were higher. I had the (knock sensor campaign) done a while ago and was wondering if my RPM'S dropping could be due to having this part (knock sensor piggy back adapter part number 278002050)? I have read on the forums that this part # above would possibly fix my problem or make the problem in the 1st place with the RPM'S not being as high as they once were. Can someone here please advise me on this ? as well as I am sure some folks on here know the answer to this problem. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Dave

unplug it and see if the rpms come back up, and if not take it back to the dealer and have them re-initialize the buds......
    Also as asked before what mods do u have? Has this issue only been here after the update?

Hello there,
    Yes this issue has only been after the update. Mods None the ski is stock. As far as the oil I have had the oil done many times and it always seems to be over full. I believe it might be the way I check it or perhaps it is overfull. However I am checking it the way the book says to check it. Can you please advise me where is the fuel pump and wire harness for the fuel pump on my ski?

Thread Information