ZXI Sponson questions

So I've been researching tirelessly on what to do about my porposing problem. I want to fix this but I don't want to get too aggressive. I still want to spin out and I don't want to lose much top end speed if any at all. I think I'm done considering ride plates since most will say the same about either product fixing the situation. Again I don't want to lose speed.

My questions are:

Are Worx, Beach House, and Aggressor the only ones made any more?

I have heard of Twist but can't find any info on them.

Does anyone have anything to say about Aggressor? They seem to be the cheapest.

Any help is appreciated.

I just installed Worx sponsons on my '96 1100 ZXi, and the porpoising has disappeared almost completely. Glad I bought 'em, got them from denniskirk.com. But no more spin-arounds (grabs instead), not sure what it did to top speed but I read it slows down a few mph. You may also want to post questions like this on pwctoday.com, as traffic here seems low, unfortunately.

Yes sponsons will only make the ski ride on rails and allow you to turn and cut sharper without the back end coming around. If you set them less aggressively they say you can still spin. The only ones I have rode were set aggressively and I could not spin so I never put mine on. One thing is they will not help with your porposing problem at all. ZXi sponsons are actually very good for stock sponsons. I simply have a intake grate and ride plate on mine and have no porposing problems.

I bought some Beach House sponsons and put them on the lowest setting and while riding the first time out the ski was on mostly calm water and it was a perfect flat line ski running on plane. No bouncing whatsoever. interested to see what happens with two people in chop.

Quote Originally Posted by chvscks319 View Post
    So I've been researching tirelessly on what to do about my porposing problem. I want to fix this but I don't want to get too aggressive. I still want to spin out and I don't want to lose much top end speed if any at all. I think I'm done considering ride plates since most will say the same about either product fixing the situation. Again I don't want to lose speed.

My questions are:

Are Worx, Beach House, and Aggressor the only ones made any more?

I have heard of Twist but can't find any info on them.

Does anyone have anything to say about Aggressor? They seem to be the cheapest.

Any help is appreciated.
    droping the rear of the plate 3/16" took out most of the porposing for my zxi, and didnt affect the spin out capability at all, i also added 2 1/2" to the nozzle with pvc, ymmv.

+1
    I used sponsons from an 1100 on my 900, and the diff was night and day for the better. I hated my 9 before the switch.
    Good luck.

I have a 96 900 and a 96 1100 and they are the same stock sponsens. What year is your 1100?

+1
    Sorry, I should have specified that they made a change to the 1100 sponsons, To correct that problem. The dealer upgraded my 900 with the same kit they used on the 1100's they were refitting. The little straight out sponsons were replaced with the larger 45deg down-angle ones.

Thread Information