Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 99 pro 785 bogs

99 pro 785 bogs

Hi all, I am a newbie, i have 99pro 785 that i just purchased, the ski has only 1 mod that i see and that is the primer, the ski ran great the first day, but now seems to bog ou at high rpms, if i release the throtle and go again it is ok for a little bit, still trying to determine the frequency of the problem...any hints tips were to start
    thanks

also have 2 x93 sl750's that need work(in progress)

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk.

Make sure your exhaust valves are opning up at the same time and same distance for every one.

A quick snap of the throttle should be sufficient when on the thrailer. Look at the valves when you crack it, and notice if they all move.

tryied that so far, the 3 exhaust valves seem to open at the same time(as close as i can see anyway) but i did not test this in the open water, only on the trailer., i found another thread with the same problem, was just researching a little bit more, hope to fix this one quick, this ski is a bomb!

+1
    If they open on the trailer, they will open in the water. They're controlled by the CDI.

Make sure you have good connections at the spark plug boots.

Maybe cut the wires back 1/4" and resecure the boots back on.

Check your water seperator

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bobski View Post
    tryied that so far, the 3 exhaust valves seem to open at the same time(as close as i can see anyway) but i did not test this in the open water, only on the trailer., i found another thread with the same problem, was just researching a little bit more, hope to fix this one quick, this ski is a bomb!
    All three open at the same time? That can't be right. They all should open about the same distance but not at the same time. +1 on the plug wires that was the problem on my 650

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ujustlost View Post
    All three open at the same time? That can't be right. They all should open about the same distance but not at the same time. +1 on the plug wires that was the problem on my 650
    why wouldnt they all open at the same time?
    teach me !
    an empty mind is the devils playground,and we dont want to talk about all the room i got up there................

+1
    Aren't all 3 valves connected to 1 cable coming from the actuator box?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Aren't all 3 valves connected to 1 cable coming from the actuator box?
    Well if you look at the parts diagram, one cable turns into 3. I have never opened one up to look in the inside, but take your seat off and start it up and give it some juice and watch them go in and out. They are not in-sync. They open and close as needed, but not together at once.
    IMO as far as what to look for is that they all at least work and are adjusted right, I like to clean them every now and again as well, you would be surprised as to how nasty they get

+1
    Well if you look at the parts diagram, one cable turns into 3. I have never opened one up to look in the inside, but take your seat off and start it up and give it some juice and watch them go in and out. They are not in-sync. They open and close as needed, but not together at once.
    IMO as far as what to look for is that they all at least work and are adjusted right, I like to clean them every now and again as well, you would be surprised as to how nasty they get
    Exactly what I meant.

3 cables go into 1.

By doing the wh/blk and wh/red test with a battery, they all open at the same time.

+1
    ehhhh, wrong, they move together, i have taken it apart and lookeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0029.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	204138d. theres absolutely no reason for them to open differently.. that would cause uneven power at idle and while going wot.. it has a small motor inside Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0034.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	204141like the trim motor and a large white gear and a white geared flat sheet that the large white gear rolls back n forth on. thats it.. in or out.. all oClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0027.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	204144r nothing. never seem them move differently.

if you take it off and bench test it. youll see all the cables tighten up together and at the same speeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0028.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	204137d. then close the same too..

actually when on the bench testing it,, when you add power to it, you semm them get sucked in and when you do the othClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0031.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	204140er direction(out) after you hear the motor run for a sec, you have to pull them out to see the cable. the ends wont just jump out of the cables. you hClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0033.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	204143ave to pull them out,, but they did move.. when its under tension, the springs keep them pulled tight..

By doing the wh/blk and wh/red test with a bClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0037.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	204136attery, they all open at the same time.[/QUOTE]

by that way, thats a really shizzy picture of the parts inside.. I'll tale mine apart so you guys caClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0036.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	204139n see what happens inside..

The valves may move at different times because each cylinder is firing at different times. but overall , once you hit itClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0032.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	204142, they all move together because the firing sequence is so fast then.

heres some not so good pics of it.. i think my lens is dirty from the lake.lolClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0035.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	204135

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information