Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2010 15f - What mods

I have been lurking around the boards and reading posts but still am not seeing exactly what I am after. I bought the ski a few weeks ago and have been very happy with it. I was very suprised that it had the power it does. I would like to go a little faster however. I primarly ride in a fresh water lake or river. The lake where I ride mostly can get pretty choppy due to quite a bit of boat traffic. This brings me to my question. I only ride by myself about 25% of the time. The rest of the time I am either riding 2 or 3 up or pulling the kids on the tube. My ski does not have the second water box so I am guessing that mod is out. I am planning on putting on the K&N filter. I am not sure about the impeller, ride plate and pump wedge because I do not want to adversly affect the ski when pulling the tube or riding passengers. What do yall suggest for me or should I just leave it alone and ride?
    Thanks,
    Charles

im sorry i cant answer ur question but i actually have a question for u i have a 2010 stx 15f and the low fuel indicator came on and it only took 8 gallons..is this happening to u too?

Sometimes it does and sometimes it does not. The first tank was the worst and after it has not been so bad but it never seems to be the same every time I fill it. I have noticed the position the ski is in when you fill it makes a big differance as to how full you can get the tank.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    do the rideplate and cut the center bar out of the intake grate, the rideplate actually makes it better for towing and riding 2 or 3 up. It makes the ski alot more stable. Also do the wet pump mod from the how to section.

Sean

I have looked through the the how to's and done searches. I can find where the wet pump mod is mentioned but nothing on what it is or how to do it. Could some one give me a link to it. Also I think the single water box is different from the ones used in the dual muffler system. Will the muffler mod work on mine and would it be done differently?

+1
    the primary waterbox is the same so yes the mod works the same as well, the wet pump mod is here

good luck

Sean

Will I see any performance gain from doing the wet pump mod or is it just better for the pump and bearings.
    My ski topped out the other day at 59.5 with the outside temp at 98* F and water temp of about 89* F.
    Does that sound about right for the temps. What will it take for me to see 65 mph? Would it still be alright to
    pull the tube and ride passengers?

+1
    how many rpms were you at? its just better all around with the pump, some say its good for a difference I cant be specific as I did it with a bunch of other stuff

Sean

Not sure about the rpm's. I had a little over 1/2 tank of fuel. I am kinda wanting to do the riva kit they claim will give me 66 mph. It would just be without the exhaust part. From what I am reading and the people I have talked to it seems that the big gains come from doing the ride plate and prop. I guess mainly getting the front end out of the water. How does this effect turning? Does putting the sponsons on make up for getting the front up out of the water? I use to race back in the mid 90's and we always ran the tim on the Sea Doo's all the way down even with sponsons to make the boat turn better. The last Sea Doo I had was in 1998 so I have been out of the loop for 12 years. This four stroke stuff while better is all new to me. When I bought it I thought I could leave it alone and just be happy using it to play with the family. WRONG! I am also considering letting the family use the 15f and buying me another boat that is SC. What to do? Guess at 42 yoa I still have not grown up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    do the rideplate and cut the center bar out of the intake grate, the rideplate actually makes it better for towing and riding 2 or 3 up. It makes the ski alot more stable. Also do the wet pump mod from the how to section.

Sean
    i remember on my 15f i use to get alot of bounce at cruising speed riding 2 up i never did sponsons but does that help?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information