Don't pee in my Pool 150ofUltra's Avatar

Question Ultra 150 won't take off with the trim up?

Last week I installed a Worx grate and twisted my trim screw in as far as I could with no cutting of the trim rod. When in the water with the trim up. You give it throttle and it starts to plane, and then it makes a sound like its not getting any water. It takes off fine with it down. Even if you have the trim up just to the next bar it won't plane out. When its here and your running, it feels like the stock trim up position.

Now with the grate, I've seen where people sand and smooth them out. well i did that and got some pretty sharp edges on it. I don't see where this could be a problem though. I'm good with silicone and got it all smoothly sealed. Went around the ride plate too. I really don't want to take that stuff back off.

Now for my last note. The ski makes a really bad rattling sound when at idle. if i give it a tiny bit of gas it stops. The this my pump telling me it needs new bearings and seals

Well after reading some better educated treads I now know that my pump is bad. Do I have to have this fix immediately or can I wait for the end of the season. Also could this be causing my take off problem?

You may want to post questions like this also on pwctoday.com, traffic here seems low unfortunately. Sounds to me like your Ultra is cavitating for some reason. When I rebuilt my Ultra pump I made sure all joints were caulked around pump and grate (to hull), and had no issues. I'd suggest looking for places around grate where caulk came out / was missing. Another thing that causes cavitation-like symptoms is when you suck up plants or other stuff into pump - check that carefully. My pump is newly rebuilt, and it too rattles out of water until above idle - nothing wrong with mine.

Thanks and yeah I got some other tips from another forum saying the same with sealing it up. I'm going crazy with sealing tonight and we'll see it that fixes it this weekend.

Thread Information